'96 Xantia front sphere design change - where to buy?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

scratcher
My Cars:

Xantia -front spheres where to buy

Post by scratcher »

Hi, Pleides is still operating, recently he was able to recharge the 'balls' for my GSA, give him a ring , his number is 01487 831239. Gerry
Xantia vsx
GSA 1300
Previous AMI8 estate
GS1015
GSA1300 estate
BX16
BX17d
BX19destate
BX19d
scratcher
My Cars:

Xantia front sphere design

Post by scratcher »

Hi, after posting I remembered that I have two ,2 year old spheres from a Xantia 1.9 d in my garage free for collection. Gerry
Xantia vsx
GSA 1300
Previous AMI8 estate
GS1015
GSA1300 estate
BX16
BX17d
BX19destate
BX19d
Thregwort
My Cars:

Correct spec for generic spheres AND bargain buy info!!

Post by Thregwort »

Thanks for your thoughts Xac. Yes there are half a dozen variants listed on the GSF stock lists. I checked and triple-checked that the 453PC0210 part number was the non-hydractive Xantia 1.8 front sphere: which is why I was so puzzled to see the different design.

When running the suspension ticks very little; the fluid exiting was clean and green; it's a leak-free installation - or was prior to disaster - and I do such a small mileage I'm hoping that the addition of a fresh front pair will see the old girl back in good shape.

Interesting to see the difference between the generic replacements and the original Cit vis-a-vis the screw-end design - I must have fitted real Cit spheres last time I did the job.

Once again, my thanks to all contributors. Incidentally, in re-ordering a pair of spheres from GSF, I browsed my way to a GSF mail-order offshoot (via eBay) - they are knocking out a pair of AMTEX/GSF spheres, courier delivered next working day by UPS, for £44.30 all in: as compared to the GSF over-the-counter price of £55.46. Here's the link.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/GSF-PARTS_Citr ... ec0Q2em322
Citroen Xantia 1.8L petrol estate. 1996, 8v, 122k, mine for 11 trouble-free years...apart from the comedy electrics, of course!!