Dean's Activa/XM/V6 and now Talbot blog

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Chris570
Donor 2020

Re: Dean's Activa/XM blog

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote:Umm, I've found these last few posts rather potentially depressing.

Christmas is the easy one. Ignore it totally. It's what I do and I just wish everybody else would too. I don't 'do' Christmas at all :evil: Or for that matter, any festivals, be they religious or secular.

Ebay and all that: It's just far too complicated. Gosh, you almost need a degree in particle physics just to log on now :twisted:

Scammers: Those little oxygen thieves are going to be the downfall of this land. There's so much of it going on I can't see how the losses they cause can possibly be sustained. One very simple cure for all scammers of all types and persuasions; shoot the bastards. Then perhaps anyone else temped to do a bit of scamming might think twice..

Also, it would help if certain countries were disconnected from the Internet...

Cheeky sod asking if a Fiat Punto might be considered in exchange :lol: The stupidity of some people really makes you wonder how they manage to breathe. They stop me breathing because it just takes my breath away with the total bone-headedness of it all....

The outlook for mankind is not good I fear... Don't give Global warming another thought and consider that mankind is far more at risk of oblivion from increasing stupidity. I can almost see mankind being wiped out by ever and ever increasing levels of scamming...
Are we having a happy day Jim?

Dean, it's the Activa gods trying to stop you selling it.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote: Are we having a happy day Jim?
Yes actually, seeing as you asked. A very good one indeed :-D :lol:

Although I must confess to being in a devilish mood today :twisted:
Chris570 wrote:Dean, it's the Activa gods trying to stop you selling it.
Yes, and they're doing a good job too... =D>

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

I see... a machine built for comfort first and foremost...
Why am I getting mental pictures of Nigella Lawson?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:
I see... a machine built for comfort first and foremost...
Why am I getting mental pictures of Nigella Lawson?
I saw her on the telly last night :P One very attractive lady...

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Oh yes Jim , a very sexy lady :twisted:

Mark

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Nigella? Bellissimo!

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

The Activa left home for the last time this morning and i delivered her to the new owner in lymington, sad day indeed but i did get one last drive around the new forest in her before i handed over the keys...................

D

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

bxzx16v wrote:Oh yes Jim , a very sexy lady :twisted:

Mark
Oh yes. She could do whatever she wanted to with me. Repeatedly. I'd even take my Christmas hat and grimace off for her..

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Deanxm wrote:Argghghhh Ebay is driving me up the wall...........................
Feature unavailable
This feature is temporarily unavailable
Your selections have caused errors. Please click Continue below to go back and correct your errors.
Except when you do go back to correct your errors........
Page Not Responding

The eBay page or feature you are attempting to access is not responding.
Please try the options below:
It's all a conspiracy. I get this a lot when using any other browser than IE9...

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

Glad to hear the sale has sorted itself out now Dean!

Nigella Lawson 8-) , she brings wobbly knees to many men and women!

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Indeed Kev, but my Wife doesnt like her, nor the mother or mother inlaw, they all say she's a tart who's cookery programs are little more than soft p*rn, i think its just jelousy tbh =P~ :lol:

D

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Deanxm wrote:Indeed Kev, but my Wife doesnt like her, nor the mother or mother inlaw, they all say she's a tart who's cookery programs are little more than soft p*rn,
The womenfolk in my family say *exactly* the same thing, almost word for word.

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

Of course, every second of their viewing time is a quest for erudition. Who cares where you get your appetite, so long as you come home for dinner?

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Not much to report these days as im not at home much this time of year now, of course the Activa has gone and i miss it a great deal, the XM is wrapped in two large duvets, its car cover and then a rubberised tarp and is sat under its citro hut awaiting the summer and my free time.

I have been wondering if i can afford to put it on the road later this summer/autumn so i had a look to see how cheap i can insure it, ive found that since its not going to do any miles as it will just be a toy i can get fully comp insurance with windscreen cover for £78/year based on an annual mileage of 500miles which is damn good, half the price of a classic policy nearly, so at this years cxm she may make an appearance which would be great 8-) .

Just sold some Activa spares and picked myself up a DA polisher to go with my rotary, should be here next week, its a bit of kit ive been wanting for a while just to make polishing easier and give better results for less effort and im itching to give it a go, the company car has some really bad scratches which will need heavy work with the rotary to remove, being metalic black and covered in chrome it should be fairly rewarding to get to work on but i wont have time for a month or 3 yet :roll:

Hope you all had a good christmas anyway and the new year is treating you well so far!.

D

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Hi all

Picked up my set of leather door cards on saturday, thank you again will!
Had a good look at them this morning and got them cleaned up, ive decided that the best way to go is to transfer the leather inserts onto my cards for the n/s front one (which ive done and fitted) and the o/s rear one. I will swap the door handle on the drivers card when i fit that, of course the new cards had the front storage compartments and puddle lights which had to be swapped to my cards which required some cutting, screwing, glueing and drilling but the end result is perfection.
I am also hoping to have one touch drivers window now as teh door card has the box of tricks and switch, ive got loads of those switches spare but never had the box of magic before.

The front passenger door was all lined with insulation inside, box oiled, window mechs greased to death and the door covered with 3mm closed cell foam so that card could go on, all the other doors need box oiling and one needs the last of the open cell foam removing and replacing with closed cell stuff to complete.

New tyres are ready for the rims, this time im going with 4 Nexens n4000 as all 4 of the mich's on my mazda failed in a spectacula way at 50% wear and i never found them that good tbh, just not worth the money for top brands now. This means on my week of in a fortnight i can get the rear end together and put back on the ground
starting to get there now

D