Dean's Activa/XM/V6 and now Talbot blog

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Deanxm

Re: Dean's Activa/XM blog

Post by Deanxm »

James comes up with some lovely shots, i want his photo he took of a box of car name badges in the boot of some citroen blown up to A3 and hung on our kitchen wall.

D
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Some excellent beading there Dean 8-)
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

yep there is nothing better than watching the rain coming own on a freshly polished car, well there probably is but i ont get out much these days :lol:

D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:watching the rain
Rain??? It's bloody gorgeous up here at the moment...

No, I don't get out much either now. I have an Optician's appointment to look forward to next Tuesday though :lol:
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

its been exellent during the day but we get showers overnight which is helping the garden a bit.
just come in for a Tea pitstop after getting one 'P' bush done and finding the real cause of my squeeky O/S calliper, one of the pads has delaminated, not too bad just now but the leading and trailing edges have come adrift and are curling up a bit, will have to get a new set ordered up.

D
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Good evening all

Todays blog update is mainly to raise the profile of my Activa wityh some current pictures, so you dont all forget :lol:
SAM_1174 by Deanxm, on Flickr
SAM_1173 by Deanxm, on Flickr

The front abs sensor is shot and i need to get some sphere's on her but time is now non existant and will be all winter as ive started my new job proper running alongside the existing manager working 6 days a week from now untill feb when i will be left to my own devises and recieve the pickup back again as my own, at the moment i have been given a company car of questionable merit, you can just see it in the pictures but tried to cut it out as a thing of beauty it is not.

The last two weeks the xant has stood still, untouched on the drive, i did tax it last weekend and put some fuel in it, this weekend i took it out for a little drive to pick some stuff up for work but to be honest it will now not recieve much use apart from a feww long distance runs into england, not because i need it but because she must be used.

All this has led me to the decision to get her shifted, still £800 with a spare cat other bits but not m hydraulics stash for that price, i do have someone who is threatening to come and buy it but he wants me to bring it to him so i shall be phoning him next week and telling him to get his finger out if he wants it, if not she will go on ebay, it breaks my heart to do it as its probably the only car ive ever sold i am still in love if you know what i mean but its doing nobody any good not turning a wheel eating insurance and tax money so if you are interested please please speak up before she is lost to some chav forever, i would like the chance to buy her back when littun is older and my good lady is back to work and im more settled in the new job.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

We can never forget your Activa Dean!!!
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Your Activa won't be forgotten Dean, its a very good example of the breed and whoever buys it will have a cracking car. Good luck with the sale, for £800 its a bargain.
Deanxm wrote: a company car of questionable merit, you can just see it in the pictures but tried to cut it out as a thing of beauty it is not.
I don't know where to look, I guess its not the C3 and perhaps the other car in the picture is worse than the PT Cruiser. Its a Carens isn't it? But a free car is a free car! :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Citroenmad wrote:But a free car is a free car! :)
And a third-class ride is better than a first-class walk any day :)
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

yes its a carens, the petrol ones are ok, the LOUD indicator and wiper relay tick is annoying as is the choppy ride but its ok, what isnt ok is the mating of a 2.0 common rail TD engine with no sound insulation at all, it is a noisy old drive and being derv its not a pleasant noise either, and it doesnt pay me 45p/mile like the activa does.
Needs must though, ive got a bit of stuff to haul up and im not doing it in my car. If you see a man in a carens weariing ear defenders in and around hampshire next week wave and know your driving a better car :lol:

D
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Deanxm wrote:If you see a man in a carens weariing ear defenders in and around hampshire next week wave and know your driving a better car :lol:

D
Don't forget the balaclava :roll:
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

na it doesnt bother me, dont get me wrong, its a nice little oil burner, there are lots of bad plastics used and some are broken, i cant fault it other than the fact it feels cheap and the gearchange is aweful, like stiring lego with a wooden spoon, its not a bad car though.

D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote: the gearchange is aweful, like stiring lego with a wooden spoon
:rofl:

Does it enjoy having the same wooden steering components like the Pixo?

These little Far-Easten cars really are a heap of poo but they seem to last well enough and for 99.9% of punters seem to do the job they're designed to do and reliably too...
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Deanxm wrote:its not a bad car though.

D
Kias can be very reasonable little cars these days. A couple of years ago I had a Kia Cerato on loan for a short time, it was painfully dull but not at all a bad car. It had a good ride quality, decent spec for a cheap car and it didn't fall to bits.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

All praise the Kia is gone :lol: , after a week of driving up and down the A31 i started to like it, by wednesday it felt quick, to 60 at least, and by friday i was wondering if i was too harsh for moaning about the sound proofing, maybe it was ok, maybe i had gone def who knew, by this friday i was rather enjoying it, it is after all an experience and i will drive or own anything for the experience but something strange happened today, i took the poor Kia back and handed in the keys, with a heavy heart i made my way back home top pick up the Activa and awake it from its rest.

Starting the old girl up and pulling ofthe drive, after a suitable pause for pressurisation of course i thought how damn quiet this thing is, with its two 4" oval tail pipes burbbling back at me from the surrounding houses, then i trundled up the road, raising her to intermediate height to clear a speedbump i always go over and turned onto the main downs road, now at this point two things happened, the first, i got woken up as planting your foot in the 111bhp diesel kia is a somewhat different experience to repeating the proceedure in a modified activa on a cold day, the second thing that happened is i realised that Kia have actualy managed to produce a car who's sole purpose it is to defen the occupants, i kid you not, who would imagine a 6 year 32k old derv people carrier would be noiser cruising at 70 mph than a 16 year old Citroen blowing full chat through two 2 1/2" pipes at well over that speed.

So to sum up, if you find you like the Kia carens 2.0TDCI or whatever its called then all i can think is you are suffering from some bizzar automotive form of Stockholm syndrome and you should seek help, if though you are slightly hard of hearing and love the feel of a gear selector and steering system that feels like its covered 1m miles in a bath of sand then its actualy not a bad car, apart from the infernal american bong, BONG youve left the keys in the ignition, BONG your going backwards, BONG youve just taken your seat belt off :taz: [-X

D