Dean's Activa/XM/V6 and now Talbot blog

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Deanxm

Re: Dean's Activa/XM blog

Post by Deanxm »

£45, i think its £55 for out of hours or something like that, did you pass? well of course you did, not unless you have got the worlds only stolen xm lol

D
robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

Yep, a double pass! MOT first then VIC.
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Im a little surprised your selling your Activa Dean, though its for very good reasons I see. Im sure it'll sell and who ever buys it will have a very nice Activa, if anyone is wanting on on this forum, they really should be buying yours.

Good luck with the Fiat, we had a 1.6 Stilo Active for a while as a runabout during swapping of cars. It was ok, it had a very good ride quality and it was quite grippy, though that was one of the most numb cars Ive driven. Careful of the front interior door handles, I went to shut the door one day and the whole handle snapped off, had to have a complete new door card which was about £150 from Fiat! Keys ain't cheap either, so make sure it has two. Ours was just the 5 speed 1.6 but the gearbox was very slick and the engine very willing when reved, sounded ok for a 1.6 too, it would eat through fuel quickly, I averages about 34mpg. Not bad cars though and very good value when compared to some rivals. Even the Actives are specc'd well and they have some very neat little touches. Is it the 3 door or 5 door your getting?

There is quite a reasonable Fiat forum, should you need one.
Last edited by Citroenmad on 10 Jun 2012, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Thanks Chris, im not sure about the the fiat forum, the main issue is the electric steering column, bsi issues etc but i have a fiat version of a lexia and do lots of work on them anyway hence why i went fiat.
The 1.4 on balance looks ok, not as gutless as the 1.2 but not as thirsty as the 1.6, i think the 1.4 will do 55mpg on the run so fairly frugal and the one im looking at has cruise, A/C remote window pack, esp etc etc it is a 5 door, too much faffing around with litlun to have a 3.
Trouble is your looking for something frugal and for half the price your looking to pay you can get a 20v turbo coupe or a 2.4 selespeed Abarth #-o temptation is overwhelming but the current situation dictates i get something parts are easy to find for and is super cheap to run.

I have to say im a little gutted to be getting rid of the Activa actualy, its not something want to do at all, in another 10 years when my second car can be a bit weird too maybe i will look for another but there will either be none left or cost a fortune to buy........

D
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Its the practical choice, that is better equipped than our Active model, that didn't have cruise.

Well you can't keep these things forever and at least you have had the experience of owning an Activa for a while. True, I imagine in 10 years time they will be in very limited numbers indeed, im still unsure as to how they are going to be valued.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Its a tricky one, the value of them, im thinking in 10 or 15 years values will be well on the up but will they ever command good Ds/2cv money? no i dont think so, its a tricky one to predict really because they do evoke a lot of debate in the car world and surprisingly now there is a lot of love for the activa but not within citroen circles, time will tell i guess, once she is through her vic hopefully next week and i get the V5 back i will stick her on car and classic and see just how much love there is for the activa, im hoping the rumours that modified ones command a higher price than stock ones is true and i can get a grand for her, selling with a spare turbo and head/injectors/coil pack/amp/manifold/ pair of arc rams etc etc may sweeten the deal, it may be an easy sale though who knows.

D
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Very true, I dont think they will every fetch good prices but they should see an increase, can't get much cheaper really can they?!

I think £1000 for your very well maintained and well sorted one, with tax and test is very good value. I would pay that, no problem. I know if you could you would keep it, for the car they are that is just no money at all. Its not as if they can be stored and left either, as they really need using to keep them in good health.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Well thats the VIC check booked and paid for just got to take her in on monday, They were actualy very helpfull at vosa, a far cry from the service you recieve from the dvla thats for sure!

D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Sorry to see you are now selling your Activa Dean :( tell you what though, if I were looking for one it would be sold by now :) Yours has to be one of the best out there... It would convert Robert Smart to Activa love for sure :lol:

Fingers crossed it goes to a loving new home...
robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

Hmmmm,

I dunno Jim, I have the daddy sinker Xantia though, thats good enough for me! MI16 power and more than enough Spheres!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

robert_e_smart wrote: I dunno Jim, I have the daddy sinker Xantia though, thats good enough for me! MI16 power and more than enough Spheres!
It was a crying shame that engine was not ever offered in UK-spec. Activas :cry:

Mind you, Dean's goes rather well :)
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Blimey Jim, can you write my advert for me next week :lol:
Certainly will be going to a good home, i will make sure of that!

D
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Its done, all been assembled and checked, i have taken it apart again and loaded it onto our lorry ready to bring home and errect CAREFULLY around the XM tomorrow, at last the xm has a deserving home!!!
Just got to make the gates up for the end and do the roof next week 8-). Its just been one of those jobs ive been itching to get done and now the end is nearly in sight.
427 by Deanxm, on Flickr

D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's going to be one heck of an XM house Dean :-D
Chris570
Donor 2020

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote:That's going to be one heck of an XM house Dean :-D