Resetting Eyolis level usung Lexia after refilling tank

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fred1

Post by fred1 »

Hi,

I don't think you can reset anything on a mk1.

Unlike the Mk2 it does not monitor the total quantity injected and thus work out what should be left, it uses a direct measurement of the remaining eyolis tank contents via a level detector in the eyolis tank.

The only thing you might need to reset is to clear the low level warning if you did not refil the tank before the low level was reached.

I have not needed to do this so have not investigated with lexia in any detail.

I do understand that getting a low level warning to reset/go away for a mk1 can be troublesome and that on some cars replacement of the eyolis ecu was needed.

I have looked at the options available via lexia for a 51 mk1 and can't find an option to reset levels etc to zero.

I have done the reset for a mk2 and the options that come up are different.

Regards

John
jimleshed
My Cars:

Post by jimleshed »

As far as I can recall it did take me quite a few goes to find the place to reset the Filter/eolys settings.
But that was 6 months ago plus... I know it wasn't obvious.
Sorry I cant help more!
Jim Le Shed
Citroen C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
Mazda RX8 231PS
Past history...
Mazda MX5
Renault Lagunas (3)
Peugeot 405, 205
Citroen CX's (5)
Citroen GS (lots of other Cars and Bikes too!!)
jimleshed
My Cars:

Post by jimleshed »

Note, Mine is a 51 plate MK 1 2.2 and I managed to reset the ECU.

Memory is coming back. I remember that the ECU reset only actually worked after resetting it a couple of times, when it responded with a message implying that it had a permanent error. I then disconnect the battery overnight (wondering if that would clear the memory and allow me to reset the ECU) - and without any further lexia sessions it all started working. (pump runs after fuel refill when you first stop the engine)
Jim Le Shed
Citroen C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
Mazda RX8 231PS
Past history...
Mazda MX5
Renault Lagunas (3)
Peugeot 405, 205
Citroen CX's (5)
Citroen GS (lots of other Cars and Bikes too!!)
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

Thanks all for the replies, have read that by opening filler cap and filling with at least 20 ltrs diesel may trigger something that says Eolys has been replenished, worth a try. Think we cleared the fault code when we tried a new days ago, but the system still said Eolys at min level.

Hypothetical question! on one screen of the lexia there were two options, one was to do with replacement of the particulate filter and the other was replacement of the Eolys ecu, The Eolys one if I remember said something about setting to zero. Although the Ecu has not been replaced could we go through this procedure to confuse the ecu to think it is a new one, would this reset the counter to zero? As you may figure out I am not used to these new fangled computer operated cars, brought up in the good old days of carbs and grease nipples.

Thanks
Steve
Steve

C5 2.2hdi auto until I sell it (sold it) now have Peugeot 3008 1.6HDI (Now sold)
Had the jab a couple of days ago. Feb 21
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Steve wrote
" nipples"

are we alowed to use words like that on here, obviously the filter miss tit,

:lol:

regards malcolm
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

Sorry citronut if I embarrassed you, good job I didn't mention wet ones, you must be of the younger generation. I suppose you think carbs is something you eat. Oh what its like to be innocent.

Steve :twisted:
Steve

C5 2.2hdi auto until I sell it (sold it) now have Peugeot 3008 1.6HDI (Now sold)
Had the jab a couple of days ago. Feb 21
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Steve wrote
"you must be of the younger generation"

are you realy that old then Steve :shock:

that depend's on what vintage you are from, besides your only as yong as you feel,

i have had my fare share of nipples as i used to own an A35 also woked on countless dersh's (2CV's)

regards malcolm