Quirky Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ids987
My Cars:

Post by ids987 »

Hello Again,

I think we're making progress. Thanks for all the input and support.
I did the paintbrush and WD40 thing on the rear height corrector first. On trying to put the suspension up afterwards, found that the linkage connecting the rear height corrector to the rod from the control stick was definitely sticking. I had checked the dogbones and collars when I sprayed the height correctors before, and those things were still ok.
The control rod was pulling the spring on the front side of the linkage lever, but the spring wasn't able to move the lever properly, and the car wouldn't rise enough to clear the axle stands (which I had previously put the car down onto). After a little bit of direct pressure on the linkage lever (at the rear HC end), I heard the fluid rush in and the car went up. More WD40, and working the control backwards and forwards sharply a number of times, and function in normal position seems to be good at the moment. It will need some more attention to get it consistently operating freely and smoothly I think, but it has been behaving relatively well since Saturday afternoon - which is a good spell by its recent history.
Because there were symptoms caused by other things (general wear of various components), my train of thought was pulled in different directions, so apologies again for some of the ramblings. The ride height problem tends to amplify other things which otherwise seem less of an issue. I also think that repeated bouts of Citrobics, may have advanced the deterioration of things like the wishbone bushes a bit, but I can now (hopefully) go back to solving the remaining issues a bit more methodically.

Kev,

I think you were probably right about the noise. More of a Pa-Doonk than a whirring really. Probably fuel pump or maybe a fuel shut off valve if it has one.

I will probably be posting soon for help on some of the other jobs I need to do.

Thanks Again:
Ian