'99 Xantia still top of the Swedish "elk test"

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Its a pity they didn't have an activa to pit against it :D

I know what you mean Jim about the less caring towards bodywork stuff than in other cars :D

Rachel thinks i drive her swift too hard sometimes but when its just me in the activa and on the way to pick the kids up there are amazingly great back country roads that the activa just eats up. 10k i think the front tyres have last and they haven't got much left and i know its me thats causing it... think i need to move to 16" rims and slightly wider tyres for cheaper prices and to get soem eagle f1's as they were the best tures i had.

I wonder what the vans would be like on the elk test or a double decker!! lol saying that something like the tesla should be very good as its super heavey batteries are very low down so should help :)

Jim i've finally update my blog about my activa and how slow its going :(
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

16" wheels will no doubt help the handling, as 15" with the large sidewalls do flex quite a lot. Probably help shoulder wear on the tyres too.

Goodyear Eagle F1s are supposed to be fantastic tyres, fast wearing i think but then all performance rubber generally is. Swift Sports came with those from new didnt they.

The only car that i didnt mind parking anywhere was my ancient AX, it could be parked anywhere without me worrying as it wasnt a tidy thing. It did pick a few rubbed bumpers and dents, something which ive avoided with future cars through choosing my parking spots carefully.

Looking at the front tyres on my C5, i think ill be lucky to get 12K miles out of them. WHich is no doubt up to my driving as i dont hang around. I can imagine in a Activa you would get through tyres quickly if driven hard.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Bit of an eye opener on the nemo :shock: I drive on to and from work each day....

The problem with them is the suspension set up is far too hard..there is literally no suspension movement in them resulting in a ride quality like your on a fork lift or something....that coupled with tall skinny tyres doesnt inspire confidence when cornering

I always corner very carefully in it...so far so good :wink: The Xantia hydractive is a beast on corners....i can only imagine how good the Activa is :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Vince you'd be better giving that to one of your delivery people and getting a slightly beefier van for your commute trip. Don't they use bigger pugs and VW's @ gsf still??

yeah the swift comes with eagle f1's as standard on 195/40/17 i think profiles and rachels car is on 11k and they aren't wearing out too bad at all. loads still left on the back and plenty on the front.

They are the best tyres i ever had on the coupe, great in the wet and in the dry on lots of roundabouts they were amazing :)

Think i'll need to get the alloys back off my mums C2 when my activa is sorted and get them refurbed properly instead of DIYing it again :)