TCT 8v => 16v head

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Cheers dean, be good to see if their maybe improvements in moving to a NASP cam but i bet it will lose lots of low end torque and become peaky though having not driven a 2litre nasp 8v i don't know what they are like :)
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Some say they're gutless - try one without a cat and even in an Xm
it can pick it's skirt up and have some fun!

Andrew
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

yaeh i agree, not bad and you get 40mpg on a good run which for an 8v engine pulling 1.5tonnes is damn good, but i like the auto and although i can get 40mpg on a run its a bit um........ :dozy:
Hence why im putting the turbo lump in it, will make getting a move on much smoother and less thrashy.
As far as the cam goes i think you will lose low down torque but move the power up the rev range like you say, all the barryboys love it but its pointless in a roadcar really, i like the torque.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I agree with that i like the low down grunt of my TCT when its running...

Last real car i had that was pushing to many ponies (not a barry boy thing btw!) was my coupe with 330bhp.

running a nice proper FMIC and GT28RS turbo i left it on base boost and it was great, no real boost spike to speak of, just effortless acceleration likened by others to very meaty V6 or V8 engines for pulling power across the rev band :)

Doubt i will get that kinda power from the tct without going high up the rev range but nice torque would be good :)