xantia TD flat spot

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mudshark
My Cars:

Post by mudshark »

Thanks Dave, and as you say, a clogged up filter should also effect performance a higher revs. My car has a Bosch pump (don't know if there's much others?) does this have such an electrovalve also? would my dealer be able to read out problems with it when plugging it in or can I test this myself?
George
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Yes George if your car is a 1.9TD it should have these valves, assuming the LHM reservoir is in the same place as in the UK spec car's, you will find the electrovalve's to the left of the LHM reservoir as viewed from the front of the car, in fact their mounting bracket is attached by one of the nuts that holds the reservoir in place.
There are two, one is for idle speed adjustment and the other controls the EGR valve, can't remember which is which off hand but they are easy to identify by following their vacuum tubes, one will go behind the engine to the EGR valve and the other will go to the fast idle diaphragm above and to the right of the rocker cover.
Dave
p.s more on the same here.
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=1769
mark_sp

Post by mark_sp »

Hello All
Dave I'd agree with your assesment however the 'flat spot' is noticable enough to be annoying, especially when driving in traffic that necessitates a lot of gear changing.
The 800 RPM tickover sounds too low and will be contributing to the problem I believe it should be 850 to 900 RPM on an aircon car.
Mine is approx 850 and switching on the aircon only causes a drop of about 10 RPM.
I think it was Anders who said previously that the aircon took 10 to 12 bhp to power which sounds ridiculous, however my car is noticably sluggish with the aircon on compared to aircon off which which would appear to verify the claim.
Cheers
Mark_sp
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

You'll see on the link Dave mentions the last post is from me about a local garage and then a Citroen dealer failing to sort a faulty electrovalve and actuator cable.
Since then I've taken over servicing two more Xantia TDs with this arrangement. Both had failed electrovalves yet they had previously been dealer serviced.
Either they can't be bothered or don't understand how to resolve this.
Bit like the number of BX diesels with a stuck waxstat idle control.
David
mudshark
My Cars:

Post by mudshark »

Thanks again, I will let you know how things worked out