wich code reader I need to buy for c5 2.0 hdi 2002?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

myglaren wrote:
c5est wrote:
c5est wrote: paul! can yuou please send some nummbers or somethink from your diagnostick tool. I can try to found somethink simular, thanks!
can someone explain me why LEXIA is so good, or beter than all rest diagnostick tools, it's 2 times more expensive
Because it is Citroen-dedicated and can read the codes that other bee.. tools cannot reach.
sorry for stup[ed question, but can I use it for my stilo?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Unlikely.
c5est
My Cars:

Re: wich code reader I need to buy for c5 2.0 hdi 2002?

Post by c5est »

c5est wrote:wich code reader I need to buy for c5 2.0 hdi 2002?
does anybody know, I have 2 c5 lx and sx, can I try to swap computer and key from working one does it will fit and will not make any damages?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

c5est wrote: sorry for stup[ed question, but can I use it for my stilo?
Maybe depending on the year, Lexia has a scantool feature that can read other EOBD compliant injection ECU's , only basic fault read/erase & some basic live data.
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

wheeler wrote:
c5est wrote: sorry for stup[ed question, but can I use it for my stilo?
Maybe depending on the year, Lexia has a scantool feature that can read other EOBD compliant injection ECU's , only basic fault read/erase & some basic live data.
thank you! its must fit petrol cars all from 2001 must have obd2, then I shold go for it, maybe someone knows where I can get cheeper tahn 130
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

c5est

did you have the battery disconnected, i had mine disconnected and when i reconnected it i had an immobiliser fault, i had to press and hold the lock and then the unlock button until it started to lock and unlock, then tried to start it and the fault was gone.

bad news about the stilo is they suffered badly with air bag faults, and i know of one person who had his car replaced at very little cost after a couple of years of trying to fix the problems, his sister bought one at the same time as him both new and she never serviced or even washed the car and never had a bother.

we had one a few weeks ago and the problem was with the pretensioner, the connector under the seat is usually the problem, with the ignition off cut the wires one at a time on each side or the connector and solder them together, if that is what is wrong with yours you won't have to clear the fault, when you turn on the engine the light will be off, i would do both sides.

if you get yourself a usb to obd2 lead or you might need an elm327 lead you can download a free diagnostic software program i've used it on a punto and it seems ok but you need the elm 327 lead to do airbag stuff, i am only playing with it at the moment but it only costs €50 to buy the full version from them. you will find the leads on ebay.
WWW.FIATECUSCAN.NET

i have bought a lexia myself but it is not delivered yet so i can't comment but i had my cruise control set up by a lad who bought a Chinese clone who thought it was great and he was able to us it on peugeot also.
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

a mate of mine has a sealy vag tool which also does obd2, works better with some cars than others, i don't know how much it was he just got it from the motor factors
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

wright wrote:c5est

did you have the battery disconnected, i had mine disconnected and when i reconnected it i had an immobiliser fault, i had to press and hold the lock and then the unlock button until it started to lock and unlock, then tried to start it and the fault was gone.
Thats NOT neccessary!

When you disconnect the battery, the car goes through a self setup, were it takes about 2 mins to set the thing up, theres no need to mess with the key to clear the Fault, it displays immobilzer fault when the car is setting itself up.

Wait a couple of mins after connecting the battery and there wont be a fault.. by a couple of mins I mean litterally!

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

bad news about the stilo is they suffered badly with air bag faults, and i know of one person who had his car replaced at very little cost after a couple of years of trying to fix the problems, his sister bought one at the same time as him both new and she never serviced or even washed the car and never had a bother.

we had one a few weeks ago and the problem was with the pretensioner, the connector under the seat is usually the problem, with the ignition off cut the wires one at a time on each side or the connector and solder them together, if that is what is wrong with yours you won't have to clear the fault, when you turn on the engine the light will be off, i would do both sides.

if you get yourself a usb to obd2 lead or you might need an elm327 lead you can download a free diagnostic software program i've used it on a punto and it seems ok but you need the elm 327 lead to do airbag stuff, i am only playing with it at the moment but it only costs €50 to buy the full version from them. you will find the leads on ebay.
WWW.FIATECUSCAN.NET

i have bought a lexia myself but it is not delivered yet so i can't comment but i had my cruise control set up by a lad who bought a Chinese clone who thought it was great and he was able to us it on peugeot also.
thanks for advice, I will try air bags, I8 already have elm 327 usb cable, but I think my software is very veak, because it didn't faund a interface.
on citroen the batery was disconeted for more than 2 months, when I bought the car the battery was so bed what I throw it a way, in what order I need press lock and anlock buttons in egnition? and how long?
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

The battery in my C5 is dead and had been a while. What will I encounter when I charge it?
C'est pas possible!
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

boristhespie wrote:The battery in my C5 is dead and had been a while. What will I encounter when I charge it?
Knowing your luck Flames. :lol:

Whenever I disconnected mine I also had to wait a few minutes (I gave it five or ten to be sure) before it would start.
Radio settings will be gone, so retune and store.
MPG stats, time, and you will have to set the lanuage.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

There is however NO need to enter a Radio code YAY!!!

Its the only thing that come good from the technology!! No lost codes, and with a Lexia, Sooooooo simple to change the head unit!

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

citroenxm wrote:There is however NO need to enter a Radio code YAY!!!

Its the only thing that come good from the technology!! No lost codes, and with a Lexia, Sooooooo simple to change the head unit!

Paul
Useful to know as I think I may need a dose of that soon. The CD player chatters a bit - all the time but you can only hear it in the quiet bits. Drops out briefly occasionally too.
Never use the radio so that doesn't matter.
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

WWW.FIATECUSCAN.NET

hello again, I try do my stilo, but it wasn't sucesful, it saying what is timeouting, and can't get a signal from ecu.tryed airbags and nothink, cant conect, maybe my obd is faultly I bought from ebay for 20 quid on usb