2008 C5 DRL's

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 2008 C5 DRL's

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No problems, it doesn't take long to do and once enabled on the system, you can then activate or deactivate these from the menu on the car.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
milleplod
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Tourer
(Previously, in order....Dyane, 2CV6 x 3, Visa 1.7D, GSA estate, GS Pallas, CX TurboII, Picasso...all fondly remembered!).

Post by milleplod »

Just to add my two penn'orth! My '09 Exclusive Tourer didn't have DRLs operating when I bought it from the original owner, but the bulbs were in situ. I activated them via the parameters screen. One of the bulbs went a while ago, so I bought a couple of the 'recommended' LEDs - they're next to invisible in bright sunlight, don't fall for the pics in any ads you might see for them, they must have been taken on a dull day! :lol:

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just to clarify - pre the 2011 LED DRL facelifted headlamp models, UK versions came with dedicated DRLs, complete with fitted bulbs, but were not activated at BSI level in the UK. There is a 2 stage process to activating them in this scenario - 1) Diagbox must be used to enable the correct parameter setting in the BSI for their operation; 2) Once the menu is enabled in stage 1, the DRL selection and operational mode will be selectable from the configuration menu in the instrument panel multi function display (MFD).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Filberton

C5x7 novel DRL change

Post by Filberton »

Hi folks,

I though I would share this for interest and amusement. :rofl2:

Well it comes to us all with age.

Eventually both my DRL bulbs, or rather the DRL bulbs on the old C5, failed this year, but at 160,000 miles and 11 years I can’t complain.

Having seen ridiculous quotes from Citroen but alternatively not having the space, the tools (or the confidence to remove the bumper) I thought I would try other methods.

The bulbs I bought from EBay but I went for the good Valeo ones at £20 each.

The first failure was the right-hand bulb which failed in the early spring of this year. I managed to reach under the wing from the engine compartment with the requisite T45 Torx but having turned it the quarter turn, could not pull the bulb out due to its rubber seal :( ....... so half gave up, however.....having left it a couple of weeks I suddenly spotted the bulb had dropped out on its own accord ( presumably due to vibration and is now somewhere on the M1) so it was an easy matter just to put in the new bulb and give it a quarter turn by hand. (I did however first drill the plastic and put a small cable tie on so next time I have something to pull down on).

The left bulb then (not surprisingly) failed a few months later but working with my good Indie mechanic, found that by removing the under-tray, removing the alarm siren and carefully flexing the headlamp washer tube, we could reach the bulb with a Torx extension, pull the bulb out with long handle long nose pliers and then put the new one in ( it took about 30 minutes and he charged me only £20 for his time)

So all in all, both DRLs changed for £60

It goes to show, even without ramps, special tools (or courage to remove the bumper) ingenuity reigns. (Or in the first case, maybe just good luck)

Mike
Current: C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDI Manual (2008)
C3 Puretech 1.2 Feel (2017)

Previous: Citroen C5 mk1 2.0 HDI,
Peugeots 407, 406, 406,205,309, 306 Meridian, 306 L, Peugeot 207L 1.4 manual (2003)