C5 SatNav not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andyf117

C5 SatNav not working

Post by andyf117 »

As per my previous post 'C5 Newbie, Help Please!', after recharging and reconnecting the battery in my 2.0HPi Exclusive, the SatNav has been disabled - as in 'greyed out' on the display, and unable to be selected from the menu.....

I assumed this was simply because it had spat the map disc out - however, after re-inserting it, it still doesn't work. It sounds like it is trying to read, but after a minute or so the disc ejects itself - it then sucks itself back in and has another go, with the same result each time.....

Have tried the software disc, which does exactly the same thing - sounds like it's reading then ejects, re-inserts, then ejects again, ad nausem. The SatNav and Map icons on the display continually remain inaccessible....

Any advice or suggestions, please?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If you disconnected the battery while the BSI was still awake & the little red light on the CD drive was still flickering you may have damaged the navigation ECU.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

It sounds like the cd laser may be dirty. Try running a laser cleaning cd in the drive.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
andyf117

Post by andyf117 »

Damaged ECU sounds expensive - presumably the only way to check is to have the car hooked up to a diagnostic system?

Will try a CD cleaner and hope it turns out to be that - much cheaper fix, if so!
andyf117

Post by andyf117 »

Have just tried a CD cleaner, which has made no difference, so it's not a simple £1.00 fix.....

Wondering if disconnecting the battery again, leaving it for a while, and then reconnecting may do a 'reset' - or would that risk further problems?