Lucas Epic AGAIN!! 2.1 TD Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jonesy
My Cars:

Post by Jonesy »

I have just fitted the new coolant sensor thanks to Euro Carparts (Citroen dealer unusually unhelpful) and ran the car for over half an hour up to 90+ degrees C and no hint of an over rev or anything, so I am hoping that this simple £9.18 fix may have cured it.
Once again thanks for all the help, I will keep everyone posted.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Fingers crossed it has Jonesy :D

Anthough to me it does beg the question of why.. Logically, temperature should only make a timing difference and should not in theory cause the problem you saw but already we've seen a diff CTS cause similar on a 1.9TD.

As I say, logically... but then again, when did logic ever enter into anything? Especially in a Citroen...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Jonesy
My Cars:

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Jim,

If it cures it I too will be very surprised. Does the sensor not also tell the engine to idle faster when the temperature is low, or are you saying this is purely done with a timing function as opposed to increased fuel??
Fingers crossed anyway, just a front wheel bearing to fix now and handbrake cables.