Anyone Recognise This Xantia Towbar?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

citroenxm wrote:For a PROPER Real Citroen Tow bar, ALL the fixing holes are already present on the car chassis!

I am talking about the ones that fit round the rear chassis and I would prefer if fitting one, much more secure IMHO

Paul
Well that applies to the one I posted about, and the it fits to all the holes in the bodyshell already there, so no drilling required, and it's a very sturdy well made item with a thick box section, which spreads the load, and unlike the one shown at the beginning of this thread it maintains the safety of the crumple zone, as there is no bar going front to rear as shown on the PDF I posted.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Anyone Recognise This Xantia Towbar?

Post by Gregg1100 »

A lot of the fixed towballs I have seen are too high for a lot of caravans. That is what dropper plates are made for. I had to use a dropper plate on my Xantia 2, with twitter towbar,so as to keep the caravan level, otherwise even with the Xant self levelling, the front of the caravan A frame would have been up in the air, and the rear end of said van, down at the rear. Not good.
I always put a towbar on my cars, for apart from towing caravans and trailers with, they protect the rear of car if some dickhead rear ends you---does their car more damage than yours.
As for the bars, your choice. They are all kite marked, conform to same regulations and construction and use. I have used both makes of bar, and would not pay out another 60 notes for the same item.
As an aside, one can go into Fortnum and Mason and buy a packet of biscuits for £2-3. You can buy the same packet in Tesco, Asda etc for well under £1. Same biscuit, different wrapping, made by the one manufacturer. Two towbars, doing same job.
Don't rubbish a Towsure bar-they are easy to fit, look neat and do the job, at a good price. Which is ALL I am interested in.
Greg

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS