V6 Radiator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Stempy wrote:Citroen main dealer price is £486 so by that reckoning it's quite cheap :roll:
Next time you're in a Main Delaers Stempy, ask the price of a V6 coilpack :lol: :lol: :lol:

A St. Bernard with a barrel of reviving fluid around its neck will be a good idea if you do venture to ask this question....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

BTW, why are manual and auto radiators different? The automatic fluid is cooled in a separate heat exchanger, so there are no extra fittings on the rad.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

xantia_v6 wrote:BTW, why are manual and auto radiators different? The automatic fluid is cooled in a separate heat exchanger, so there are no extra fittings on the rad.
On the auto Mike, the water return from the transmission cooler joins the rad at the small spigot low down. You know the one!!!! The one that's hard to get at :twisted: The pipe that runs from the cooler outlet and down in front of the valve block cover...

The manual gearbox has no such cooler. What I am surprised about is that for the manual cvar they don't just blank off the surplus spigot and thus making the rads the same for both.

If I read you correctly Stempy, the manual rad has nothing where you'd fine the auto cooler spigot so you couldn't even un-blank it to make it do...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Could you not tee into one of the hoses?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:Could you not tee into one of the hoses?
I'd not like to say Steve. The return hose from the engine proper goes in the rad high-up whereas the cooler return goes in at the bottom of the rad.

The V6 cooling system is a complex affair and the cooling of the autobox is critical to long and happy life...

I'd err on the side of caution personally...
Jim

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

The manual rad has not even a hint of a spigot but is otherwise identical as you'd expect.

Took the rad back to GSF this morning and they say it was supplied to them as an auto variant. Turns out that the one I really want doesn't exist on their system so they are getting me one on special order to arrive Friday, I hope it does 'cos it's cutting things a bit fine if anything else goes wrong. At least they didn't try to charge me any more money.

Funny thing is, when I picked up the rad in the first place I asked if they were sure it was the right one and they said it definitely was as they pride themselves in have the most up to date and comprehensive database. :roll: Should still have opened the box in the shop I guess. :oops:
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Picked up the rad today and got the right one this time. Happy to report it's now fitted and so far working fine so in good time for next weeks jaunt.

It's a Nissens aluminium type, much better quality than the cheapo copper one that came out :) rotten to the core it was :roll:
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

:D :D :D

good Stempy!
John
tonupteabag
My Cars:

Post by tonupteabag »

Stempy wrote:Picked up the rad today and got the right one this time. Happy to report it's now fitted and so far working fine so in good time for next weeks jaunt.

It's a Nissens aluminium type, much better quality than the cheapo copper one that came out :) rotten to the core it was :roll:
so we can now say your "radiating" happiness :lol: :lol: :lol:
honda cb900 x3
"if i wanted my car to be mint i would have bought a polo"