Insurers want copy of Log Book or else!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

scratcher wrote:with reference to these expensive phone numbers , go to a site on the internet "saynoto0870" you can then put in the expensive phone numbers and find an ordinary number for them. e.g. to tax your over the phone go to this site and you can find an ordinarynumber to tax the car, not giving the government the extra revenue. It works for many other numbers like Tescos and other major stores. Try it! gerry
Well that's what I pointed out in my post several posts above this, and the links in it, take you to my post in the useful links section of this forum, posted on 10th March 2005, and the actual 0870 website. If you hover on the link, and look at the bottom of the screen it tells you where the link will take you to. :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

There has been a programme about this on Channel 4 recently, called Scams Claims & Compensation Games.

The way the ambulance chasers persue the claims is an eye opener, but the claims are investigated to see that the low life lawyers who claim for anything are also put on the spot.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i would have thought that as all your road tax MOT and insurance details are held on DVLA's data base, your insurance company should be able to check all the details on your V5 without even contactting you

regards malcolm
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Exactly. Ever since computerised databases were introduced, we rarely see such joined-up thinking Malcolm, despite the fact this is how they were sold to us. Seems it's easier for the underwriter to contact the broker who then sent a recorded delivery letter threatening me with blacklisting.