TCT internals

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

worth hanging onto then! sounds like using the derv crank would work now you mention it but im not going that mad with this engine, 170+ BHP would be nice and thats easily attainable and it keeps the whole thing a refined unit without loosing that low down boost needed to keep an auto equiped car a relaxing cruiser, i did tinker with the idea of a bigger turbo, or doing a Xantiaman and just fitting the compressor wheel and housing from a larger turbo but whatever happens, a bigger turbo takes longer to spool and with the auto i cant bring the revs up to find the power when pulling away so i think, for the time being at least, the blower will stay standard too, im interested to see what she goes like just with a rebuilt engine, there's sure to have been a couple of horses escaped over the years!

Toyota, bless them, have not been having very much luck recently have they :roll: :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Deanxm wrote:doing a Xantiaman and just fitting the compressor wheel and housing from a larger turbo but whatever happens, a bigger turbo takes longer to spool and with the auto i cant bring the revs up to find the power when pulling away

D
The compressor wheel and housing were so well matched, you would be hard pushed to notice any difference at all, it was all mid and top end with no loss at all pulling away or pootling along, it was that good.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

now that is interesting, what pitch and diameter Wheel did you use?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Deanxm wrote:now that is interesting, what pitch and diameter Wheel did you use?

D
I cannot remember off the top of my head, it was a standard Rover T series Turbo Compressor wheel.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Thanks, i will note that down, if you say it doesnt affect low range boost by much, but helps liven up the rather flat top end it may well be worth it .

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Deanxm wrote:Thanks, i will note that down, if you say it doesnt affect low range boost by much, but helps liven up the rather flat top end it may well be worth it .

D
Thats the reasons why i went for it. Could of made more further gains with a decat and straight through silencers instead of baffled and it would still be quiet enough.
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Think thats what i will do, but keep the cat, its ok but mot time always seems to come at really busy times, and i just know that if i remember to put it back on i doubt i will get round to removing it again and putting the de-cat back on, ive done it before and tbh didnt notice any difference in performance but then the 2.0i's cat is a big thing but the turbo cats seem to be the wire mesh type, smaller and look much more restrictive, i shall probably just fit a nice new N/A cat and have a stainless setup from cat back done, with the transverse silencer removed to improve access to the rear height corrector and give a little less resistance.
All a long way off yet though, ive got to get the engine back together first
i can easily see this lump not going into the car for 18months, it seems houses are more important than cars :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Those pistons indeed were a good find ;)

I would definately consider going with the tomcat turbo conversion but while your at find an LPG kit to put on the car. This would allow you to run a decat all of the time and pass an MOT as well.
With a multi ppoint injection system fitted you will be able to flow with the right injectors fitted upto about 65bhp per injector and get more power from the TCT without having to remap the standard ecu. Also with the XM being so big you should get a decent range out of the setup as well and save some money in the long run with it being a cruiser..
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Hi KP

I found the pistons available in europe too but they are £200 more so America is where i will have to get them from, subject to import tax...
Regarding the Cat, my XM pasted its emmisions test without it before but then they noticed it had no cat and they would have to fail it, so i had to put it back on.......................with my car being registered 2 months too late it has to be fitted with one too, if the garage were mistaken and i am allowed to de-cat so long as i meet the emmisions criteria surely running LPG wouldnt make any difference???
Dont fancy LPG anyway, i either loose the spare wheel or a bit of boot space and all the extra plumbing for a multi point system would make the ugly engine even more of a swamp donkey......also i only do 3-4k a year so i would never get the money back.
What is a Tomcat conversion? ive looked at the 'Love collector' (exellent name by the way :lol: ) and thought about removing the exhaust bar but how much money do you throw at it? and what will i end up with? i think i will make sensible mods and save the extra cash for a TVR Chimaera :twisted:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Tomcat = Rover Coupe = Mod that i carried out.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

If you run LPG you are legally allowed to run without a CAT :-)

The other option is if it pass's without it to just knock the itnernals out of it :)

i would do this on one thats been scrapped though :D

Saying that you could just have things that make the car look like it has LPG, like a filler cap on a bumper and a pipe running from it and so on :) depends on how LPG minded the MOTer is :)

If the engine is ugly maybe see about an engine cover from a newer citroen and see if it can be fitted over the TCT engine :)