Peugeot 206 1.9 diesel injector pump stop solenoid

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jackmcl
My Cars:

Post by jackmcl »

Sorry for the late reply everyone - i've been away for a while.
CitroJim's way is probably best to de-armour the Lucas pump (if you have access to the tools) I did not, so had to use an angle grinder to break through the armour cover at the top - if anyone wants more detail then let me know.

The problem still persists!
I still cannot find a replacement stop solenoid that will work with this pump.
Of all the types I have tried, none seem to be 'strong' enough to open the plunger and allow fuel to flow.
I have (just) sent an email to 'Flag' to see if they have any suggestions.

Does anyone have much experience in this area?
My next train of thought is the connections to the solenoid...

The original (coded) solenoid had 3 cables into it, most of the 'durite' types have just 1 for power, and then grounds out through the casing.
Originally I just thought that the other 2 cables would be related to the immobiliser coding (as there appears to be no resistance through them), but I had also heard that some solenoids have a 'HOLD' and a 'PULL' connection, the 'PULL' only powering when the engine cranks, to give it a little extra (ahem...)PULL when starting to allow enough diesel to flow.
This woud make sense - can anyone confirm or dismiss this for me before I start tearing the cables out!?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

jackmcl wrote:The original (coded) solenoid had 3 cables into it, most of the 'durite' types have just 1 for power, and then grounds out through the casing.
Originally I just thought that the other 2 cables would be related to the immobiliser coding (as there appears to be no resistance through them), but I had also heard that some solenoids have a 'HOLD' and a 'PULL' connection, the 'PULL' only powering when the engine cranks, to give it a little extra (ahem...)PULL when starting to allow enough diesel to flow.
This woud make sense - can anyone confirm or dismiss this for me before I start tearing the cables out!?
That is interesting. I have a Lucas here with what I thought was two wires into the solenoid and I never really gave it a lot of thought really, just assuming they were the feed wires to the solenoid rather than using one and eatthing through the case.

I can see where you're coming from with the PULL and HOLD idea.

I must go and have a look.... Life is never dull when you have a French car is it!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jackmcl
My Cars:

Post by jackmcl »

I say there is 3 wires into the solenoid - there is 3 wires into the connection plug from the main wiring loom, but unsure of the number of wires into the actual solenoid (as it is now destroyed).
CitroJim - having just said yourself you thought there was only 2 into the solenoid has made me doubt myself - as i seem to remember being puzzled by 3 wires in & 2 wires out (if that makes sense!?!) let me know when you have a look yourself! Ta :D
jackmcl
My Cars:

Post by jackmcl »

I have just heard back from FLAG solenoids - they tell me that they do not have a solenoid for this type of pump - however they were quite helpfull!
They say I need a Delphi 'Coded Anti Start Kit' part number 9109-314.
I have scoured the internet, but cannot find anywhere to get one from - any ideas anybody?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The 'coded anti start kit' sounds like the complete originally fitted pump module to be honest, I could be wrong though...

I'm thinking an option for you now may be to get another pump (actually if you have a battery dremmel etc that may be easier) if you can find one in a scrapyard that you dismantle the cars, cut the amour off and see if you can get just the solenoid out.

I do wonder if just having a XUD pump and injectors if needed may be easier, the other alternative is a strangler / stop cable although that may be a case too far...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
jackmcl
My Cars:

Post by jackmcl »

If i can't find a new replacement part then i'll probably go down the 2nd hand / scrapyard route & maybe have to get it re-coded by peugeot, but surely i must be able to buy one from somewhere?!
jackmcl
My Cars:

Post by jackmcl »

An Update...!
I have found a heavy duty 'Durite' type solenoid which works with this pump, the problem I now have is finding somewhere to wire it into :roll:

Previously I was wiring the solenoids into the existing cabling for the old 'Coded anti start module' but as it turns out, the cable i was using is not live when the engine is being cranked to start!!!! (this would explain quite a lot, as to why none of the solenoids seemed to work!) :x

I need to find a 12v supply that is live when the key is turned, and engine cranks and runs, but shuts off when the key is turned off.

Can anyone advise me if there is somewhere simple to tap into - as I don't really want to have to start stripping the dash / ignition apart if there is a simple solution.

Thanks in advance... :D
spider

Post by spider »

Excellent to hear that :D

I'm not that familiar with the wiring on these now, shame you are not local or I could of found somewhere probably.

A good place to start would be the reverse light feed (from memory, one of these is live in position "2" only (and probably "3/start") which is what you want.

The alternative is to fit a test light to different points (looking for ignition lives) and then watch it when you attempt to start. Pull the thin wire off the starter if required (temporarily insulate it though) to save turning the starter each time you try a test point.
Andy.

jackmcl
My Cars:

Post by jackmcl »

Ok thanks - will try that and let you know how i get on! :D
spider

Post by spider »

No problem. Oh, by reverse light feed I meant the reverse light switch (obviously!) :D

If no good, next step when looking for suitable points, start with the engine bay fusebox ideally.
Andy.

jackmcl
My Cars:

Post by jackmcl »

Problem solved guys - many thanks.
Tapped into the reverse light switch feed - worked a treat!
I can finally stop the engine running without having to stall it!
Thanks again!
spider

Post by spider »

Good to hear its all sorted :)
Andy.