1.9 td lackiing power

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

hahaaaaaa Ive been running around a lot since friday and ive managed to cover nearly 500 miles on £60 worth of deisel and i still have quater tank left so weve worked it to be around th 40mpg mark by the time ive finished this week. The oil hasnt been leaking and other than the odd lumppy and smoky start she hasnt missed a beat. What a car shes comfy to drive she has enough power to lug by big fammilly around in along with the dog and all there toys and after just driving for two hours straight i wouldnt say im tired ( been up since 4 am ) so ill say it again WHAT A CAR !!!!!!!!
Thanks guys for all your help getting it fixed.
Yipee i have the xant lets i hope i keep her this time
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sounding good Tom :D

With economy like that, there can't be much adrift now....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

To be honest i think that all i really need to do now is change the leakoff pipes as i do need to pump the primer bulb first thing before starting and again if its left a while standing but to be fair thats more of an inconvenience than a problem.
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

Weve just got back off hols and what a drive ( allweek) ive spent most the week driving around and the shortest journey we made was 12 miles and ive not had one problem it took nearly 9 hours to get there thanks to the m25 and the traffick around birmingham and london but i got there and still felt fresh enough to go again allthough i cant say the same for the kids. In the last week weve managed to cover a little under 1000 miles in the bus and the problem ive found after getting back is a slight leak around the sump plug so i think ll be changing the washer next weekend along with the oil again. I still need to prime the bulb before starting her up so ill try fitting some clear pipe to the fuel line to check for air leaks but its going to have to wait now till next weekend as im a little lw on funds ( Kids spent it all in arcades ) will keep updating and let people know how i get on.