TCT Activa by Jeth

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

KP
Posts: 3980
Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
x 7

Post by KP »

Aww Jeth thats bad news. Why you selling??

Do you also have pics on the time you swapped the turbo without dropping the engine out at all??

Be sad to see you go as it was good seeing you getting more power out of it :)

User avatar
Jeth
Posts: 63
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 17:28

Post by Jeth »

KP wrote:Aww Jeth thats bad news. Why you selling??

Do you also have pics on the time you swapped the turbo without dropping the engine out at all??

Be sad to see you go as it was good seeing you getting more power out of it :)

I think im going for something different now, maybe change to another brand aswell.. Maybe a nissan 200sx or some other rice crap

I might have a few photos iirc

It was fun to drive it at 200+ horsepower, but i want more! :P

KP
Posts: 3980
Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
x 7

Post by KP »

V6 Turbo then Jeth :D

User avatar
Koukku
Posts: 221
Joined: 18 Dec 2008, 13:18
x 7

Post by Koukku »

Jeth wrote: I think im going for something different now, maybe change to another brand aswell.. Maybe a nissan 200sx or some other rice crap
:shock:

Giving up and taking the easy route then..? :roll: :wink:

User avatar
Jeth
Posts: 63
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 17:28

Post by Jeth »

Koukku wrote:
Jeth wrote: I think im going for something different now, maybe change to another brand aswell.. Maybe a nissan 200sx or some other rice crap
:shock:

Giving up and taking the easy route then..? :roll: :wink:
Maybe so, dunno what im doing atm :D I would build this Activa if i'll win the lottery..

XantiaMan
Posts: 1603
Joined: 12 Aug 2007, 18:47
x 11

Post by XantiaMan »

Do you still have this car?

User avatar
Jeth
Posts: 63
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 17:28

Post by Jeth »

Yeh, still got it.

I kind of sold this, current owner is where i work (citroen garage) and my dad's running the company, so practically it's still in the family. Now we just have someone that has the money to build it.


I was going to change piston rings today, but then i noticed something nice..

Image


Piston rings we're holding it together so i didnt see any cracks until that piece came off

XantiaMan
Posts: 1603
Joined: 12 Aug 2007, 18:47
x 11

Post by XantiaMan »

Thats a common failure, usually a bit too much advance for the boost/fuelling, or just reaching the limits of the cast piston.