Synergie imobiliser

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Synergietom
My Cars:

Synergie imobiliser

Post by Synergietom »

Can anyone tell me where i can get a free copy of the wiring diagram for the keypad connector as my keypad fell out of its holder pulling out severall wires ive managed to bodge it back together and it works but i still have three loose wires two of which i have to twist together to get it start and the other dosn't seem to do anything but now when i try to switch it off using the key it keeps running even though all the electrics are off and it cuts out if i open iether of the front doors so to switch it off i have to iether open the door or pull the wires appart and if i leave the together over night the battery runs flat any help would be greate.
Yipee i have the xant lets i hope i keep her this time
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

i was considering putting on a switch for the fuel stop relay and disconnecting the door switches this should fix the problem any comments?
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

Hi all just to update as my usuall garage decided that the work was too complicated for them ( can't see why it's only three wires and four terminalls ) i decided to go with the switch and its worked perfectly all i did was cut a hole in the plastic acess panell on the side of the dash re-rout the wires and fix in a switch as the wires are seemedly for the fuel pump relay so now i have to flick the switch before turning on the ignition.
This only left one more reall problem that when i opened iether of the front doors the engine would cut out so i whent for the obviouse fix and disconected the door switches as these only opperate the door lights anyway and the problem is fixed i just need to remember to flick the switch off before turning off the ignition otherwise the engine continues to run with cold plugs ( not good ) i'm assuming that this is why i'm now getting black smoke from the exhaust when i put any amount of revs on in lowers gears so i'll try a bottle of deisel system cleaner and see how it goes.
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

Ok so ive put a switch on to opperate the fuel stop relay completely bypassing the stupid keypad emobiliser but i still to put the code in for everything else to work and this was working fine untill yesterday when i put the code in i didnt get the ussuall bleeps but as it was early i didnt pay much attention and turned the key, it started with no problems and it wasnt untill i'd got off the drive that i realised so i pulled the pad down from its hole in the dash and noticed that both lights were still on so feeling rather pleased with myself for inadvertently by passing the keypad for good i contnued on to work with no problems. Eight hours later (end of shift) i thought id try my luck and not bother with the keypad at all and weyhey it works.
So just a little tip if you whant to dissarm the stupid thing try putting the fuel stop relay wires onto a discreet switch leaving the rest of the pad intact and no one is any the wiser.
Allthough i wouldnt guarantee it works mine may just be a one-off fluke but its worth a try if you can find the correct wires.
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

I've absolutely no idea what you have done but couldn't let this post finish with no response from any other forum member.
Thankfully my current Synergie doesn't have the immobilser but my previous one did and it was a PITA. Used to catch my knee whenever I forgot to close it.
Anyway congrats on sorting the problem even if is a little 'Heath Robinson'.

I think that there is a pukka way of bypassing the immobilser which you could find if you do a search of previous forum posts.

Gammy
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

Ive had a look at the previous posts and by the sounds of it the only way to bypass it is to start the engine in the normall way using the keypad then once the engine is running pull the out of the keypad this will stop the ecu from communicating with it.
I would have done it this way but before i had chance to take a look the keypad fell out of its housing pulling some of the wires out so was forced to bodge it back together and now ive ended putting a switch on it otherwise i end with a flat battery.
Thanks for the reply though and i know what you meen about catching your knee i'm only 5ft and drive with seat as high as possible so i can see over the wheel so of course my knees are rubbing up against the dash What a nightmare.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Here are some wiring detail pics from my Citroen Service DVD:-

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/ ... eypad2.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/ ... eypad1.jpg

The Keypad is item 8200. These pics are screen shots. They don't appear to come out very well. Let me know if you can read them.

The diagrams only refer to wire numbers and not colours.

Each wire should have it's number printed on the insulation. Something like every 6 inches or so. You may need to stip back the loom to find the numbers.

I've seen the wire numbers on the wires of my 1998 Xantia Activa, so, i'm sure they must also appear on the Synergie.
Last edited by KevMayer on 02 Apr 2010, 22:35, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

Kev thats great help Ill have another look in the morning now as its dark and raining but ill let you know how i get on