Xantia Bonnet stuck!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

patrickk

xantia bonnet stuck

Post by patrickk »

following the last thread has anyone been able to open a bonnet (new grill style) when the offside catch does not release. Near side releases on the cable so presumably the connecting rod is broken or detatched.

had to happen as the first step of the controll technique

:cry:
soufle
My Cars: Xantia X1 CT Turbo 1997
Citroen DSpecial 1974
Citroen GS Club 1975

Re: Xantia Bonnet stuck!!

Post by soufle »

Amazing. I just typed in exactly the thread description into google and booyakasha here I am. I've just done the clutch on my 97 CT Turbo and had enough of home mechanics till this afternoon when I went to supermarket, came back and whats that under the car? Smells like LHM spirit. Hmm T joiner looked like culprit on returns near rack. Anyway I go to pop the bonnet and ploink the red handle flys out of its cradle. So I have a look here and see what I have to do, I need to push that clip holding the spring on the left latch to the right methinks. Bloody car!

got it. cable kaput so off to find another. I don't think I'd like to trythis on a series 2 to be honest. Access to the mechanism would be impossible if you can't get that shroud off, I had to pull the grill off mine and those pop in plastic rivets on top are fiddly. Can't see how you'd get near them on a series 2.