C5 2.0 HDi 110 LX Estate questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

Scrapping a 406 !!!, you cant do that !, if no one on here is interested in it, go on www.406oc.co.uk as there will be people that will snap it up over there !

If you clean up the pressure regulator, it should work perfectly indefinitley, i have only ever had to clean 1 of them a second time but it has worked perfectly ever since

I forgot to say that if you do clean it, be careful handling the tip of the pressure regulator, it can be a bit like a cheese grater (very sharp), so dont go running your fingers up and down it as you will cut yourself
kaostheory
My Cars:

Post by kaostheory »

ill have a look next week when i get some time off at cleaning it and go from there....

I know what you mean it does seem too good to scrap, its a beautiful car apart from this problem....
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

There are online sources but I use scrapyards local to me - fortunately I'm well served in that respect.

The same display is used in the Xsara (above LX spec) definitely Phase II, not sure about Phase I. There's someone offering some Xsara parts in the For Sale section here - got to be worth a message I would have thought?

Perhaps others will know of other cars with the same display. I would be surprised if various Peugeots don't use the same display.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
kaostheory
My Cars:

Post by kaostheory »

I am really loving the drive of the C5 BUT!!!!!

Wheres my flicking armrest!?!?!?!?!?

I keep going to lean to the left and use my left arm to steer like i would in my peugeot and when i read the handbook it shows armrests!!! I have been robbed!!!. I now wish i would have bought a slightly superior trim!!
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

No, i dont do short posts :lol: Think i get carried away, but if they are sometimes helpful then i guess im forgiven :roll:

406s are brilliant cars in my opinion, its a shame to have to scrap one, id be looking at putting it on the 406 owners forum and seeing if anyone will take it on.

Ah yes, i didnt realise the LX missed the armrests. They are a very nice feature, SX upwards have them fitted. However, they were removed on some facelift C5s, though in their defence they do have a lumbar support adjustment, which is nice! Something i thought the C5 needed more of when i first got one, though i think ive become used to them now.

Chris.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
kaostheory
My Cars:

Post by kaostheory »

Well after a spell with peugeot planet fixing a boost pressure problem on my wifes 307 I have decided to come back to adding cruise to my c5 and swapping the MFD for a 3 line model.

Makes sense seems i now have the PP2000 and Lexia kit.

Just need to track down part numbers...