All Things V6...

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: David Hallworth's Blog aka All Things V6!

Post by CitroJim »

Simon, that is amazing on how the ECU behaves in the absence of a genuine O2 signal.. I will never trust a Lexia reading now without confirming it with a 'scope..

James, interesting on KFC.

I never eat MaccyD's now as the last few eats there made me ill. We were in one twice yesterday and whilst I was happy to drink one of their coffees I surreptitiously ate my own food.

We sat out of sight of the counter [emoji6]

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

lexi wrote:Thanks for the eatery tips James.......where did I get Al from?
Not around these places much and out of touch a bit. I only found out the other day that Srewfix was........not a dating agency :shock:

Simon. You are a whizz with the leccys. You'll be on a call if ever get CAN CLIP for Renault. :lol:
Paul Simon? I like the song, but it does NOT relate to me!

Something I remember a decent TV chef saying was that, before you eat at a new (to you) eatery, make use of their toilet facilities. If they are nice and clean, all should be well, but if they are grubby, eat elsewhere. As he put it "The toilets are on show, but the kitchen isn't. If the toilets are not clean it has to make you wonder what the kitchens are like".

There are other eateries I used to deal with, and some I would be happy to frequent, and others I would not be seen dead in (in case I was seen DEAD in them!). I mean, having to fish a kitchen printer out of an in-use food dispensing area? A good example (in MY experience) is TGI Friday. I have had to visit their kitchens at various times of trading, and, while late on a Friday evening is not a great time to replace an important kitchen monitor, and there is what I would call 'working dirt', I have seen the same site early morning, being thoroughly cleaned (which is how it should be). I won't mention the name of the bad example, I don't want to cause the forum any legal issues.

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I don't see how saying "I went in xyz and the kitchen was filthy" would cause a legal issue...

I went to Bridgewater motorway services. It was filthy. So filthy we left and stopped at the next one along our journey.

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

DHallworth wrote:There was no charcoal on sight... It's a gas BBQ with a cast iron griddle!

They were proper beef burgers from a butcher in North Wales and they were nothing short of superb!

Sugary ketchup... Yea, can't deny that one!!

:D
Edwards, of Conwy by ANY Chance David???

If so... BY GOD they are amazing! They dont shrink like lesser ones do! Ive got one in the fridge for Dinner tomorrow. Cheese and Bacon!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Last edited by citroenxm on 30 Nov 2014, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

lexi
Donor 2020

Post by lexi »

ACH.......ye need a McKechnies crispy roll wi' square sausage, tattie scone and hp sauce.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

citroenxm wrote:
DHallworth wrote:There was no charcoal on sight... It's a gas BBQ with a cast iron griddle!

They were proper beef burgers from a butcher in North Wales and they were nothing short of superb!

Sugary ketchup... Yea, can't deny that one!!

:D
Ive got one in the fridge for sinner tomorrow.
which sinner are you subjecting to temptation with that then Paul? :roll: :twisted:

Mandrake

Post by Mandrake »

Watch out David, your blog will be 140 pages long soon too :lol:

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Arrrghhhhhhh STEVE... THANKYOU!! Bloody fingers.... Dinner!

Im going to change that now!!!

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I saw your typo Paul but resisted the temptation. I didn't want to be a sinner too :wink: :lol:

citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

CitroJim wrote:I saw your typo Paul but resisted the temptation. I didn't want to be a sinner too :wink: :lol:
:-D :-D :-D ILL REMEMBER!!!! :twisted:

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

:mrgreen:

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

Nope, not Conway Paul.

They were from a small family run Butchers in Llanrwst I believe.

No shrinkage when cooked and very little fat comes out of them either!

David.

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

Well the red XM has been here for 2 months now. Finally though I've had the garage empty when I've had time to have a look at it!

On Saturday evening I put the car in the garage on the ramp and got a look under it. It was indeed the front electrovalve that was leaking. The aluminium hex at the front had corroded away to nothing. I had one from the Xantia V6 I broke in the summer so I've put that on and tested it, the suspension is now working properly, it's nice and soft again and the leak has disappeared :D

I had a good look around it today and must admit to being pretty impressed with it's overall condition. It doesn't seem to be anywhere near as rotten underneath as it was originally made out to be either.

I've always known that my silver S2 XM was one of the last, being built on 26th May 2000 when the XM stopped being produced sometime in June 2000. This red car though is 4 days newer then my silver one :) Interestingly though, they were BOTH registered on 28th June 2000.

Anyway, I hope rust isn't catching as they're parked nose to tail in the workshop at the moment. :lol:

David.

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

The plot thickens... Although going by the RP number the red car is 4 days newer then my silver car, the silver cars chassis number is 4 cars later.

Red car chassis number ends in 5189, the silver cars ends in 5193.

David.

Mandrake

Post by Mandrake »

Different assembly line ?