All Things V6...

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: David Hallworth's Blog aka All Things V6!

Post by CitroJim »

That's not a bad price David but I doubt the SS version will be as quiet as the OEM one. The OEM one is very quiet indeed which I always assumed was due to the heaviness of the material it was made of...

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

Jim, noise was one of my concerns as well however apparently they can make them even quieter then standard if you so desire.

It's the Classic Car Show at Erskine Hospital on Saturday, Erskine Hospital is a place that looks after old war veterans and survives on charitable donations.

http://www.erskine.org.uk/events/classic-cars-erskine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The XM and Activa will be appearing on the CCC stand on Saturday. Only problem is the XM won't have a tax disc unless the DVLA do an amazingly quick print and post service as I only taxed it this morning! Hopefully the weather will stay like this. If so it should be a fantastic day for all! Makes a change that there's a car show on only 10 minutes from where I live!! :D

Anybody fancy a trip to Scotland? The weathers predicted to be 23 degrees this weekend!

David.

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

DHallworth wrote:
It's the Classic Car Show at Erskine Hospital on Saturday, Erskine Hospital is a place that looks after old war veterans and survives on charitable donations.

http://www.erskine.org.uk/events/classic-cars-erskine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The XM and Activa will be appearing on the CCC stand on Saturday. Only problem is the XM won't have a tax disc unless the DVLA do an amazingly quick print and post service as I only taxed it this morning! Hopefully the weather will stay like this. If so it should be a fantastic day for all! Makes a change that there's a car show on only 10 minutes from where I live!! :D

Anybody fancy a trip to Scotland? The weathers predicted to be 23 degrees this weekend!

David.
If I can get the Xantia sorted I might have a run up David, haven't been up your way in ages....... all is in the hands of Postman Pat...... :roll:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'm going entirely in the opposite direction this weekend. Off to see dad in the C1...

Never been to Scotland David. I guess I really ought to rectify that before I need a passport and visa I suppose..

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote:I'm going entirely in the opposite direction this weekend. Off to see dad in the C1...

Never been to Scotland David. I guess I really ought to rectify that before I need a passport and visa I suppose..
Do go, Jim. I lived in Tweedsmuir (in the Borders, originally Peeblesshire, then renamed Tweeddale and Lauderdale)) for about 5 years (in the early to mid 70s). Beautiful, peaceful (even when I was in the area!), and the natives are friendly as well. You can go panning for gold in the Tweed (you won't make a lot of money!), and there are salmon in it as well. I would suggest you take good waterproofs though, as when it rains it comes down at 45 degrees so hard that it bounces back up to knee level.

I wonder how the McGugan brothers in Aberdeen are doing. Stuart was in "It Ain't Half Hot, Mum", and was tall and blonde, while his brothers Bill and Jim are more the typical Pict Scots (short, black haired). They ended up opening a goldfish and flower shop, and Jim also became known to the cattle farmers as 'The Spotty Banana Man', as he was able to corner the market in bananas that were unfit for human consumption, and sell them to the farmers as an alternative to cattle feed (the cattle loved them, preferring them to the cattle feed!). Bill managed to lose both middle fingers of his right hand (leaving a short stump to the first joint) in a silage machine. He then proceeded to use them to great effect at political meetings; he would make sure to get a front row seat, and if, in his opinion, the speaker was taking the mickey, he would then stick a stump either up his nose or in his ear, which the speaker would find very distracting, as it would appear as though Bill had an entire finger in that orifice!
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 09 Jul 2014, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

Trainman wrote: If I can get the Xantia sorted I might have a run up David, haven't been up your way in ages....... all is in the hands of Postman Pat...... :roll:
No worries Steve.

If the switch doesn't arrive and you can get up here, there is one on the gearbox that's heading for Jim.

David.

BW

Post by BW »

If I can get the Xantia sorted I might have a run up David, haven't been up your way in ages....... all is in the hands of Postman Pat...... :roll:
Hope that you can make it. This has been a relatively small show in the past but has attracted a sell out 200+ cars this year. I'm taking my Xantia and 2cv. 5 miles certainly beats the 800+ miles for the CCC national the following weekend!

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Just remember, Auto glass are fitting the new windscreen to the Xantia on Saturday....................

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

That's a shame!

Leave the Xantia at home and get the train up here!

David.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

DHallworth wrote: Leave the Xantia at home and get the train up here!
That's a bit of a busman's holiday for Steve or is that a Trainman's holiday? :)

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote:
That's a bit of a busman's holiday for Steve or is that a Trainman's holiday? :)

Oh, hahaha very droll........ not a bad idea David actually, will see what SWMBO plans are....

citronut

Post by citronut »

Trainman wrote:Just remember, Auto glass are fitting the new windscreen to the Xantia on Saturday....................
just watch they do it properly then, as the bunch local to me are a load of bodgers

BW

Post by BW »

Trainman wrote:
CitroJim wrote:

Oh, hahaha very droll........ not a bad idea David actually, will see what SWMBO plans are....
I probably can't help with getting to Erskine as the cars have to be in place quite early, but certainly would get you back to the station after the event if needed.

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

SWMBO has given me permission to go on Saturday, show starts at 11:00 how long will it take to get there? And I'm presuming Glasgow Central is the best meeting point?

BW

Post by BW »

Trainman wrote:SWMBO has given me permission to go on Saturday, show starts at 11:00 how long will it take to get there? And I'm presuming Glasgow Central is the best meeting point?
I'd say that the best bet would be change at Central to a train to Bishopton, then it's just 2 or 3 miles by taxi or on foot to the show.
Show cars have to be in place by 10, we're planning to be there about 9.30. Certainly could take you to Central afterwards.