All Things V6...

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Skull
Donor 2020

Re: David Hallworth's Blog aka All Things V6!

Post by Skull »

Love that XM video David and I see you've helped him buy another Citroen...hope to see your ActiV6 on Sunday :-D

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

Just a quick update... The Activa arrived safe and sound without using a drop of LHM and is safely parked up with the other Citroens on site.

BW

Post by BW »

Saw the Activa earlier, certainly looking very nice. See you tomorrow in the sunshine!

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

Well, the Northern is over for another year. A great weekend was had by myself and many others I'm sure :)

There were a lot of new faces around, some I recognised, some I didn't. I was out on a 75 mile blast around the Yorkshire Dales on Saturday late morning/early afternoon which meant there were some people I didn't get to see which was a shame.

There was someone talking to me about the Activa today but I got distracted by something and forgot to ask their name... To whoever that was, I'm sorry if I appeared rude! That honestly wasn't my intention!

Here's a few pictures from the weekend :)

I also seem to be getting good at catching the local Mr. Welsh in some funny positions with his camera at these rallies...

Anyway, here's a few pictures of my Activa that made it there despite it's LHM leak on Thursday evening...

Just as the Sunday was starting to wind down, we all ventured into the main tent for the prize giving. I was sitting next to Steve chatting away to him when my name got called out as a winner... My Activa won "best car in it's class". As it's had the engine changed from original it's not classed as "original" any more despite it looking that way!

I now have in my possesion for the next 12 months "The Derek Whewell Shield for Best Customised/Modified Car" :D

I left today around 4pm and headed up the A1 before crossing the A66 and then heading North up the M74. As I was about 73 miles from home I saw my stop light flicker on the dashboard. As I got to 58 miles from home it came on permanently. I stopped and had a look under the bonnet. Sure enough I needed to top the LHM up. On the road under the front of the car I could see a drip. It's one of the 3.5mm pipes around the front centre sphere. Anyway, a 500ml top up was enough to get me home :) The light came back on as I entered the driveway. I'll get the car on the ramp tomorrow evening and get the pipe replaced and then we're all good again!

David.

Skull
Donor 2020

Post by Skull »

Congratulations on today's win David =D> - hopefully a reward for all the effort put in on the conversion.

Might have been my bad timing today as you were busy doing final prep for the judges :?:

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

Well that is deserved....the Activa looked great.

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well done! That Activa looks mint (and no, I don't mean it has a hole in the middle!).

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Congratulations David, well deserved.

Apologies for failing to attend, bereavement intervened.

DS21

Post by DS21 »

Congratulations David, from looking at the car it looks like a worthy winner!

I also like your number plate covers.

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

Well after a busy week, a couple of days in Aberdeen and other things going on, I've finally managed to get a look at the Activa. It's not a pipe that's burst at all. The fluid is coming out of where the electrovalve goes into it's housing. I did notice that when I put a new o ring on it the other week the valve didn't look that great.

Will need to try and find a good electrovalve and get it swapped out now :)

David.

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

We could meet up and have an EV swapping party...:(

I am off to a local scrapper tomorrow...he has just taken in 3 Xantia....I am on the look myself, but if there are extra good ones would you like me to recover one for you ? EV or EV+Block ?

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

My block is OK I think... But if there's any good EV's then I'd certainly appreciate the efforts to recover it :)

Thanks Sticky!

David.

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

will look in the morning David...............as of tonight EV's can be got new from Citroen at a price (no NFP on the Cit.Serv list)

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

Before they went NFP they were around £180 IIRC.

David.

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

EV part is not NFP according to my connection....