Price of a dog-bone?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

One good tip is to not get or put too much grease oil on either the ballcups or the balls themselves. This can make the dogbones very hard to fit die to the grease/oil forming a hydraulic lock. Just a smear is fine.

Another tip to get teh balls to meet the ballcups if the manual height lever won't cut the mustard is to get it as close as possible and then jack up the front suspension to rotate the anti-roll bar.

A long thin screwdriver used as a lever is the best for finally popping the ballcups on. Just be careful what you lever against!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Xac wrote
"shirley your suspension would be set to low? "

Xac are you sure his name is Shirley TEA HE

regards malcolm
xantia_northampton
My Cars:

Post by xantia_northampton »

Thanks CitroJim. I used a long flat screwdrivers for leverage and this is how I managed to pop the dog bone back onto the anti roll bar end. I used Shields lubricant, it is quite thin, better than grease I guess both against hydraulic lock when popping it on and against collecting abrasive dust.
Will try the suggested methods to get the dog bone to fit the other end too.
Oh BTW I have lso bought a full set of 6 spheres from GSF. Look forward to installing them at some point soon!
xantia_northampton
My Cars:

Post by xantia_northampton »

DONE IT! Bruised hands, blood and sweat :wink: