immobiliser wont accept new fuel pump?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

Hi endorfin

With my above answer I only covered the changes at the injector pump end.
Those two options were keypad controlled.
To improve security further there was a later change made.
Instead of fitting the keypad the security number was coded in a minature computer chip and circuit that was embedded in the car key body.
The car has a coil wound around the ignition switch and the code is automatically read when the ignition switch is turned. The code read must match the one stored in the ECU or the device on the injection pump.
If you are fitting one of the later injection pumps the armour and any security device needs removing, The injection stop solenoid then needs a direct feed the only downside being that the car will no longer have immobiliser security fitted.

John
Xmexclusive
jackmcl
My Cars:

Post by jackmcl »

I have had a similar problem with the Lucas injector pump on my 206 1.9d
To cut a long story short - I have de-armoured it and taken out the solenoid completely.
Now I am having a god-awful time trying to find a replacement solenoid! :roll:
Having spoken to Lucas themselves, they told me that Peugeot fitted different solenoids that have a longer 'stroke' on them.
All the 'durite' solenoids I have tried so far will not open far enough to allow diesel to flow through the pump!
Does anyone know where I might be able to aquire a suitable replacement solenoid?
Many Thanks in advance!
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

That's the first time I have heard of that.

I'd half suggest you start a new topic about this so it does not get overlooked. I am very surprised to hear this though, as that pump and engine is shared with a few other vehicles (probably the most popular one on here being the Berlingo van)

Have you tried a standard lucas stop solenoid (the usual type you fit to the XUD engined models)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
jackmcl
My Cars:

Post by jackmcl »

Yes, i've tried 3 different types of solenoid for the standard Lucas/CAV type injector pump - currently awaiting one more to arrive which I hope will work - if not then i'll start a new post to see if anyone else can make a suggestion.
Ta
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Definitely start a new topic, it will get more attention and more specific attention.