Xantia Spheres & Suspention

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

harryjoe
My Cars:

Post by harryjoe »

Jim

This Citroenitis is really getting a hold , now thinking about getting rid of wifes car , and currently looking at a lovely XM diesel est, !!!!!, :lol: give the wife the Xantia, she seems to like it more than her Megane Coupe...!
deian

Post by deian »

an XM? Now you are getting to proper citroen stuff, many will be very proud of you, I had an XM once and they literally feel like tanks, sadly mine had the 2.0i turbo coupled to the mechanical auto box, so it was beyond reality on fuel, i would rather eat glass than run that engine again, shame though the car itself was wonderful, if I could get a later v6 one or a 2.1td then i'd go down that road again, but for now I am stuck with the xantia, and that isn't a bad thing!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

An XM :D This is a serious case of Citroenitis :lol: :lol:

Good choice though. I'm rather taken by the XM as well but it would have to be a V6. I'm interested in sampling an early PRV V6...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if its dry tomorow you could alway drop by my workshop, and fit them under supervision, with the use of my proper sphere removal tool and a lump hammer, for a small donation to the MG AUTOS charaty TEA HE,

if interested i will pm you my phone No. and address

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote: MG AUTOS charaty TEA HE,
Well, I guess you have to fund the choccy bikkies somehow Malcolm :lol: :lol: :wink:

I'm getting slow, it took me a minute or two to work out just who and what MG AUTOS was :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My normal request for work carried out like this is to ask for a small donation toward the Forum Hosting Fund (details in link :wink: )
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
harryjoe
My Cars:

Post by harryjoe »

Morning to you all, thnaks Malcolm, i'm just waiting on delivery of the lovely new green bombs , which should be here any day :D :D , that would be superb if i could, your'e in Cowborough i take it, i work in Jarvis Brook , so would be very handy!, but at the moment i'm just been signed off work with a bad bout of sciatica, have a near complete numb left leg!!!, and in a lot of pain :cry: , so getting under the car at moment could be interesting , only to find myself stuck , stiaring at the underside of my french mumsiosel ( think thats how you spell it ! ) :D , but will let you know when i'm back on the road as tablets i'm on i shouldn't drive, plus being a little bouncy, it's a bit uncomfortable on the back !!!,

But a big thank you for the offer,

There are some great people on here , and it's so nice to know that you are all so friendly and helpful to a new comer with a seriously bab bout of Citroenitis, doesn't seem the medication is having any affect on curieng that !! :) :) :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I tried a cold shower of LHM to try and cure Citroenitis but I just discovered that LHM actually is a great hair conditioner :lol: :D
Jim

harryjoe
My Cars:

Post by harryjoe »

Morning Jim,

Do you think a good rub down with it on my lower back a leg would do the trick ! :lol: :lol: , or maybe a run down to the beachy head road , thats pretty bumpy, with the suspension setting on high may crack the back into line, :shock: ,

This is bad , being off work , there's to much time to kill , FCF , Autotrader, ebay, ect ect , !!!

I really must stop,

Time for a cuppa , hummm ,
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Jim wrote
"My normal request for work carried out like this is to ask for a small donation toward the Forum Hosting Fund"

point taken Sir Jim

Jim wrote
"I just discovered that LHM actually is a great hair conditioner"

so you have green hair now Jim,

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Harryjoe wrote
"a run down to the beachy head road , thats pretty bumpy, with the suspension setting on high may crack the back into line,"

i would think if your speres need replaceing badly enough you dont need to set her on high first,

Harryjoe wrote
"your'e in Cowborough i take it"

and no sorry im not,

regards malcolm
harryjoe
My Cars:

Post by harryjoe »

Sorry Malcolm, getting a little confused ! your'e closer to me than that !
Must be time for a kipp, been on here since about 4am, got sq eyes :roll: ,

Thanks Malcolm got your PM , soon as they come, il'l be in touch if thats ok,
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Harryjoe wrote
"This is bad , being off work , there's to much time to kill , FCF , Autotrader, ebay, ect ect , !!!"

yep bin there done that whilst of work after lopping of the end of my little finger,

but i think it goes more like this

FCF , Autotrader, ebay,FCF , Autotrader, ebay,FCF , Autotrader, ebay,FCF , Autotrader, ebay,FCF , Autotrader, ebay,FCF , Autotrader, ebay,FCF , Autotrader, ebay,
TEA HE

regards malcolm
harryjoe
My Cars:

Post by harryjoe »

Yep, my god your'e sooooo right, been doing that for getting on for 5 hrs :D .....

Just a quick one, iv'e found some pics of the two BX 's in the barn, the mk1 is on a B plate B 289 MUF, BX 19 RD, with sunroof (whoopie) and the other is the same car on a G plate, got pics of both if you want il'l send via e-mail !!

Some good one's of the G plate on just after being started and (no other than ) being driven out of the barn for the first time in over 8 yrs, pics are of before we jet washed her off and the others after cleaning up !!, need a new n/s wing and very little cosmetic work , but it drove no pobs, until it sprung a leak from the rear somewhere, and let some of the lhm out ..

Let us know ur e-mail if you like, n il'l post them to you
harryjoe
My Cars:

Post by harryjoe »

Sorry guys,
I'm trying to get the hang of this formum lark,!! 'n' playing around with my profile, trying to add a profile pic and some information on my signature..

See if this works !! :lol: :lol:
1998 Xantia 1.8i 16v Auto (sold)
1997 Xantia 1.9 TD Estate (Resting with 231k) zzzzzz
1989 BX 19 RD (In a barn awaiting TLC)
2002 C5 2.2 HDI Auto Estate (Sold)
1994 XM 2.0 Turbo (Sold)
1983 Bertone X1/9 VS
1995 405 1.8 GLX Estate (sold)
2000 Xantia Estate 2l HDI 110K
harryjoe
My Cars:

Post by harryjoe »