Xantia rear height regulator calibration

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deian

Post by deian »

Personally I would do this job over a pit if you get hold of one,

Also note the car may take a while to react when doing the adjustments, so don't assume anything if you haven't lowered it enough for instance, in case you lower it too much and it starts moving down quickly because you weren't patience enough for it to move down the first time... hence the need of a pit.

I'd love a pit, i know where there are a few but i don't like just going there and using it without permission.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

A pit would be a dream come true yes, but im sure your not allowed to build them anymore which is a shame, we have two at work which is handy but i can never be bothered to drive down there with all my gear to do something, a GOOD pair of shallow entry ramps is as close as im likely to get to the ultimate diy'ers want...................a 4 post 8).

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

still a lot of dosh, as the HIGHT CORRECTOR its self gives very little if any trouble, and usuualy just needs stripping down and cleaning then re/assebling,

its the lincage/turets that seize up and Martin at pleiades sells the linkage brackets at a very good price,

regards malcolm
skog77
My Cars:

Post by skog77 »

Thanks for all your help. It is a lot of cash, it was about 180 pounds including the linkage for the anti-roll bar. But that's still almost half price from Norway.

I didn't realise someone produced only the mechanics part of it, i've been trying to look around the net. When i read your post malcolm i had already ordered the whole set and made arrangements to pick it up. The valve i already have probably works like it should even if it looks like it's made of rust.

Luckily i can borrow a workshop where i can change this so i don't have to be outside in the cold. I took this picture of the temp gauge while driving to Sweden the other day.

(Can you tell what kind of car i'm driving?)

Thanks for all your help, hopefully the job will go smoothly :)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

That's an XM Series 1?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

skog77 wrote:(Can you tell what kind of car i'm driving?)
A VAG car of some sort?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
deian

Post by deian »

not an xm, they had their info displays either side of the dash at the bottom,

with that shade of red, and the hint of the lovely lilac/purple backlight led for the mileage counter, i'm with richard, and say it's a volkswagen car, that combination of red/purlple is lush at night,

i must admit the colourful interior twilinkling on out cits are quite cool, and my radio has purple led backlight to complete the ranbow spectrum

bmw's have red, ford have green, nissans have a cool white, no idea of other cars
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Im with a VAG car too, either Audi or VW... not a SEAT or Skoda, they are blue I think..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I also reckon its an automatic :lol: :roll:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
deian

Post by deian »

i reckon it's -30 outside, thats pretty cold, but he is in norway, does it get that cold?! and here we are complaining of -5 and a bit of snow and ice
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the hight corrector valve itself wont be rusty as its body is alloy, its all the lingage and carrier which gets very rusty, the H/C is attatched to the carrier/linkage by two 11mm bolts (thats spanner size) 7mm thread,

Martin charged me 40 UK pounds for the carrier/bracket/linkage i bought from him a year or two ago,

regards malcolm
skog77
My Cars:

Post by skog77 »

You're right its a VW Passat i borrowed :) It normally doesen't get that cold here in the south of Norway (Oslo), but even in the city right now there's about -15.

I guess i could have saved some money then, but now that i've bought everything i'll probably replace everything anyway. But now i know what to do next time. Thanks Malcolm :)
skog77
My Cars:

Post by skog77 »

OK, after spending quite a few hours lying on a cold floor with melting snow and LHM in my face i've managed to change the heigh corrector. It was more difficult than i expected, especially getting the pipes fitted.

As i depressurized the system i got a backlash of LHM squirting out the reservoir. The car was already jacked up in the back at this time, i guess that might be why, or the car has too much LHM in it.

I've been trying to calibrate it, and i've managed to set the ride height pretty well. Although to match the front it has to sit a bit higher than the Aussie one in the picture.

The car rides fine in the normal riding position, but even so, if i set it in high and then back down to normal it seems stuck in high.

I have a Citroen expert here in town who's done this many times before, so i think i'll let him do it to be honest. Especially since i suspect that it should be slightly lower in the front as well.

My next project is to replace the heater fan transistors :)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hauteur avant:

Same tyre size as for rear; 2PSI lower in pressure.
skog77
My Cars:

Post by skog77 »

addo wrote:Hauteur avant:

Same tyre size as for rear; 2PSI lower in pressure.
Thanks mate, yeah i think mines a bit taller. Maybe it's supposed to be like that, after all we have loads of snow here in the winter.