Xantia 1.9TD Clutch clip broken

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

If you guys stayed nearer to me I wouldn`t be doing any work on car......would be giving it to you two :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

I'd want a bit more to fix the clip. The way to take the the aforementioned bolt out is to lift the brake pedal and remove the plunger (it just pulls out.) Then lever the the brake pedal down, and then you can JUST wriggle the bolt out. Put it back from the other side!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a good tip Mr. Clutchman :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
deian

Post by deian »

This happened to my ZX, not sure if it had the same gearbox, anyway, the pedal fell to the floor, managed to re-attach it somehow with a lot of strained fiddling.

Anyway, the clutch on my xantia is heavy, and i'm sure it fell to the floor but came back up, is this possible? Thx
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

deian wrote: Anyway, the clutch on my xantia is heavy, and i'm sure it fell to the floor but came back up, is this possible? Thx
I think this is something to do with the way the clutch spring is attached depending on whether you have a manual or auto adjusting clutch cable, manuals will spring up whereas autos will tend to stay down.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair