Moving a Xantia S1 immobiliser keypad

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

The keypad itself DOESN'T lock out, its the ECU that locks out, and sends the code of BOTH lights to display.. Im sure, if you had a "Locked Keypad" in one car and took it out and put it in another, it would work, as, said above, its a dumb terminal..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

As you say Paul its the ECU that locks the keypad.
You can put a keypad from one Xantia to another,they are just a terminal :) :)
As for a new keypad it will just plug in and then the ecu will recognise its there and then ask for the code last used that is stored in the ecu

I think the system is the same across the fuels as my TD and VSX both have the keypads unplugged :D :D

As a tip if you just unplug the keypad and leave it in situ tippex the code on the underside of the keypad :wink: you need to take it out and turn it upside down to reconnect it :) :)

Colin
Brigsygtt
My Cars:

Post by Brigsygtt »

My keypad started playing up so disconnected it with engine running, tbh it was a nuisance keying in the code all the time. Have fitted the coin tray looks so much better.
97 Xantia 1.9 td lx with a/c (Daily, 172K, FOR SALE)
98 Xantia Hdi Lx with a/c (105k)
97 Renault Extra (c1j turbo 230+hp, 12.88@106)
91 Renault 5 Gt turbo (68k minter)
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The code is stored in the injection ECU/diesel pump module but if you have the right electronic gear you can apparently interrogate the keypad & find out the last code that ulocked whatever ECU it was connected to. Apart from that the keypad is basically just an input device, a bit like a telephone, no matter what phone you plug into your telephone line you will still have the same phone number. What would be the point of the system if you could just take the keypad out your own car & start someone elses car with your keypad & code. If you are worried about it the best thing you can do is to write the code on the ECU itself then you cant really go wrong. If your worried about the security risk of that then use a UV marker pen.