Arrrrrrgh !!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I believe that tailgating is now an offence that attracts an instant fine and points or a court visit.

The newer average speed cameras are also designed to pick up tailgaters.

I did the' tap the brake' trick once and instigated a fearful instance of road rage from the 4x4 driver on my tail. I was overtaking someone travelling at 50, I was doing 70 and saw him approaching in my mirror. I would estimate his speed at well over 100mph and while I was still completing the overtaking ( he wasn't even in sight when I began) he was literally inches from my rear bumper, snarling and banging the steering wheel, flashing his lights.
His wife looked terrified and he had a boatload of kids onboard.

The brake lights just about gave him a heart attack and he dropped behind very quickly, then roared up behind me again.

By this time I was past the slower car and pulled in to let the loony past.
He did pass me as expected then pulled in front and slammed his brakes on, trying to make me collide with him from behind.
We ended up driving at 5mph (on a motorway) with hundreds of amazed motorists passing and wondering what was going on as he accelerated to about 40 then slammed his brakes on again. Couldn't get by him as he would pull into the lane in front of me as I indicated to pull out.

I didn't have the wit to photograph him (always have a notebook camera in the car) or take his number.
Must say I was quite shaken at his attitude, especially with a car full of kids.

Fully agree with the stupidity of parking on the wrong side of the road with headlights on - which again is illegal at night.
Last edited by myglaren on 18 Nov 2009, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

about three years ago i was driveing through the centre of Notingham on a dual caridge way, my wife was directing me as to what the shat nev was instructing us to do,

no other car in sight behind or in front of me in either lane 40 limit, missus says move to the right hand lane as soon as its safe to do so,

i moved over and before i even realised any other cars were around, this dark skined ******* with dredlocks in a dark skined mans wheels (B*W) came by me on the left and swung in right in front of me as soon as he had past my front bumper, i could not even see his rear lights,

so i gave him a very quick flash of my lights to which he slamed his brakes on, i dont know how i managed to avoid going up the back of his car,
then he accelarated away still in the right hand lane then a few yards away he stoped his car and got out and started walking towards me,

so i looked in my rear view mirror to check it was clear and pulled into the left lane to go passed and leave him to it,

i did not see the car on my rear cornner and scrapped her O/S/F wing (no mager damage,

i pulled up just in front of her and got out to see if shee was ok, and the dark skinned person was heading straight for me rantting look what you have done to that ladys car, just at the same time two officers of the law intercepted him, one officer said to him were you the reason that red car (my red BX estate) slamed its brakes on,

trouble is even though the officer saw/new whart had happend the other party still ended up claimming from my insurance, as the other T.W.A.T was not directly involved, even though he caused the inccident,

i think this happened because he thought i should not have been in the right hand lane when there was nout in the left lane

regards malcolm
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Basically its all been said.

I got very annoyed tonight, seemed to meet every single idiot driver out while returning from Bournemouth.

There are far too many people on the roads who shouldn't be there. If only there were a realistic and fair way of removing said people then congestion would be eased considerably in my opinion not only that but, more importantly, the roads would be much safer.

Too many people wrapped up in their own world, not realising or even caring about other people.

Examples today, one car pulled out right in front of me, he was sat on the side of the road and even though I slowed down as I pre empted what he was about to do he still decided to wait until I was closer, he didn't even indicate. Then later on I wished to change lanes, so I indicated and gave plenty of warning to my intentions and slowed to let the car by the side of me move ahead so I could slot in, at this point car behind in the lane I wanted to be in, leant on his horn and closed the gap forcing me to take an exit I did not wish to. Also various incidents of people clearly not checking mirrors on the motorways and just pulling out.

As I said, too many people who shouldn't be allowed to drive a car in my eyes. Being on the road almost daily I see it daily and its become a real bugbear of mine. It's the culture that this country has created. No one is courteous and no one seems to have any sense any more. No wonder things are a mess.
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

They're out there! I, too, have been hit hard in the rear by an inattentive and too-close driver. "Recovery" (professional opinion said there was some residual permanent damage) took over a year, fortunately on the other driver's insurance tab!

Generally, if you get in the truck lane here (usually the centre lane if it's three lanes) and make an effort to drive with the flow of trucks you're quite safe. It's not a cast iron certainty, but a fair choice when travelling less familiar major roads.