Immobiliser panic after crash

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No, every one I have done has not had any ovality to speak of and the fitting of new O rings has done the trick. Maybe the spares people have a shedload of lids cluttering up their stores...
Pleiades wrote: My belief is that the bosch pump is better, Veg oil no problem :twisted:
I like to play devils advocate on this one Martin :twisted: :lol: Someone has to like them....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Mr Matthews

Post by Mr Matthews »

Mr Matthews wrote:Thank you citroenxm for this, Yes, it is the drivers side that took the impact... as far as damage I was lucky that the other car took more damage (shows the superb structure of the xantias :P), Although my headlight and side light were smashed, they are still pretty much intact in the housing as for the wing, the damage only caused it to slightly buckle into where it meets the side light so perhaps yes, the plugs could have dislodged during the impact... I will check it out.

Thank you very much for this invaluable information my friend.
The garage reckons my car is now a right off as its valued at £700 and the repairs will cost £1700! :evil:
Life is hard.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

retain slvage rights and fix it your self,

regards malcolm
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

As long as you were not at fault the car remains yours to do with as you will, take the money and repair it, keep the change :)
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

My understanding of the law is that:
If you are the innocent victim of someone-else's error you are entitled in law to be put back in the position that you were in before the incident. In the sort of circumstances that you describe, nobody has the right to impose an economic write-off; it's tough-t**ty on the other guy's insurance company - he could have hit something much more expensive. Your insurance company does NOT have the right to write-off your car. If the car is beyond practical repair, you are entitled to the actual cost of purchasing an equivalent car NOT the trade-in value of yours.

First have a look at www.honestjohn.co.uk (he writes a weekly column for the Daily Torygraph) then take legal advice.

BTW a good Insurance Company will help you get proper recompense from the other company not run away when you need them.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Exactly.

I got the full book value for my Accord ( as much as I had paid for it two years before) and kept the car, drove it until the MOT was about to run out and part-exe'd it for the C5.