leaking turbo?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

Whoa that's a bit mucky...drop of brake cleaner needed right there.
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
boeingmech

Post by boeingmech »

[quote="CitroJim"]I'll go for worn valve guide seals too but before you whip the head off to replace them...

if it was the vave guides would it not burn oil all the time? to me it seems oil is pooling somwhere when on idle, then when you boot it it big cloud then it clears untill you idle it again. there was some play in the turbo shaft, i,ll clean it up and check it over.
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

boeingmech wrote:
CitroJim wrote:I'll go for worn valve guide seals too but before you whip the head off to replace them...

if it was the vave guides would it not burn oil all the time? to me it seems oil is pooling somwhere when on idle, then when you boot it it big cloud then it clears untill you idle it again. there was some play in the turbo shaft, i,ll clean it up and check it over.
I dont think it would. On a petrol the problem is more noticeable at idle, this is where manifold (negative) pressure is strongest.

On a diesel without a throttle, that vacuum will be there when driven in ost circumstances except of course on boost when there is positive pressure inside the manifold. If it was not smoking on boost, and it was the valve guides, the problem would not be noticeable, so it could still of been valve guide seals.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;