Clutch Replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ken newbold
My Cars: Peugeot 806
Citroen C3 1.4 Hdi

Post by ken newbold »

or any other make of car if their after service care is anything to go by :evil:
1998 1.9td Peugeot 806 (Red shed 2)
2004 Citroen C3 1.4HDi
2003 2.2 Pug 807, Gone and never again!
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

Yes thats almost certainly the answer, at least they've fixed it.I imagine they seperated the inner joint and didnt reseat it properly.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

fangy wrote:He says sometimes the driveshaft doesn't seat properly into the gear box,with the car on the ramp with the wheels free,drive the car and you would see the driveshaft jumping up and down, Although he's not familiar with Citroens.
I know this is possible on some cars (namely Ford Fiestas that I know of) but not on a Xantia due to the relationship of the intermediate bearing and its housing on the RH side and the shortness and geometry of the LH side and that fact that the driveshafts are not clipped into the diff by any means.

In any case, if the driveshaft is not fully home, there will be massive oil leaks from the diff seals unless it's an automatic.

He (the dealer) forgot to do something and I'm pleased he has now rectified it for you fangy and it was a satisfactory outcome. It pays to complain if not right and the threat of an independent examination clearly paid off. Good thinking :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

yes that's it isn't it, it's not possible to 'half seat' the driveshafts they must have actually done something to the shaft.