Front pad change Xant V6

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citrov6 wrote:thanks. i never did them on my v6 before. the local garage did them some years ago before the mot
No worries there. It's dead easy on a V6 :D Possibly easier than on a lesser Xantia.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

lol lesser xantia

i'm also thinking of doing the rears, are pads same on s1 and s2. apparently discs are 224x9mm on saloons, that the same for all xants including 'lessers'
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citrov6 wrote:lol lesser xantia
Sorry, it was late, bad choice of term. My bad :oops: Shall we say, umm, smaller engined Xantias?

Yes, rear pads are exactly the same in all hatches. Only the estates have bigger ones.

Whilst there take the opportunity to remove the calipers, clean them up, clean their mating faces to the trailing arm and reassemble with lots of copper grease on the faces to avoid dissimilar metal corrosion and all the grief that brings.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

good tips, i will do that next week, thanks Jim
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!