My ZX Head Gasket Nightmare *updated*

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ken newbold
My Cars: Peugeot 806
Citroen C3 1.4 Hdi

Post by ken newbold »

Once you've got the car running and up to normal running temperature, check the radiator for any cold spots. The last thing you need is a blocked rad :evil:
1998 1.9td Peugeot 806 (Red shed 2)
2004 Citroen C3 1.4HDi
2003 2.2 Pug 807, Gone and never again!
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

**Update 2**

A couple of hours of tinkering today, and most is back together. Timing belt on, (that bloody) engine mount on, exhaust manifold on, injectors piped up, fuel filter finished (w. new filter), superfluous in-line filter removed and various other bits of pipework reconnected.

Then we fired it up :D

After a lot of cranking the engine coughed and spluttered its way back into life. Accompanied by massive grins on the faces of Martin and I.
After a little bit of idling to get the air out of the fuel system, we cut it and tried to start it again.
It started better than it ever had before.

Light at the end of the tunnel.

Tomorrow is alternator belt, timing case, inlet manifold, coolant system and all relative pipes and ducts. Then I'll finally be mobile again!

Feeling a lot of satisfaction in doing so much work, putting it all back together. Then having it start first time.
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
deian

Post by deian »

Well done chlorate, when things happen after a lot of work it's a good feeling. Glad to hear of a saved ZX.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Brilliant :D Excellent news Chlorate :D

Do as Ken advises though!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

Going to :D

Hehe, come too far to just have it go pop again.
Probably going to invest in a new radiator at some point in the near future, mine's a little corroded at the bottom. No leaks, just doesn't look good.

Can't wait to get my little workhorse up and running again, parking at university all week costs less than one train ticket :?
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil: