Xantia doseur valve

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Good stuff Mark :D 11 seconds is not good so a new accumulator may be a good starting point. Recheck the regulator tick rate in hard mode before swapping the accumulator though, just in case you have a problem similar to that depicted Here. It's a bit of a slog through and long-winded but it does tell how to check the tick rate in both modes.
mark21td wrote: The LHM fluid looks a bit brown so I'll flush the system with new oil.
Give the system a flush through with Hydraflush and clean the filters in the LHM reservoir first Mark (GSF sell Hydraflush) as bad LHM and dirt can upset the electrovalves (and suspension generally) terribly. Lerave the hydraflush in the system for at least 1500 miles.

Richard and his Lexia will reveal any other problems.

Sorry if this all seems a bit of a baptism of fire Mark.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

"Recheck the regulator tick rate in hard mode before swapping the accumulator though" I take it that the hard mode switch is the one just in front of the leval controle leaver, the one with what looks like a spring on it.
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
01 306 HDI 90 meridian estate
Brew my own biodiesel

http://www.shorewasteoil.xtreemhost.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

Sorry if this all seems a bit of a baptism of fire Mark.

Jim,From what I can tell Citroen's are like makeing biodiesel, when it's all going well it's very satisfing, when thing's are going wrong it get's very frustrating and not straght forward:lol:

At least I know the XUD quite well and apart from the glow plugs and augsilary belt tentioner it's in good nick for 164K
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
Brew my own biodiesel

http://www.shorewasteoil.xtreemhost.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

mark21td wrote:Right, I've been out and checked things over,

There is a distinct clunk when the buzzing stops, so thats a good sign, but it goes on for about 10 mins after opening then closeing a door.

As for the accumulator it clicks every 11 seconds, so I'll change that on monday when GSF are open (I haven't done anything with the rear units yet so I'll get my money back on them).

The LHM fluid looks a bit brown so I'll flush the system with new oil.

Ps. I get trade at GSF as I'm in there so oftern :lol:
Get the dedicated hydroflush - GSF part #N98106, leave it in for about 1,000 miles the replace with fresh LHM.

Bugger, beaten to it again - didn't see the second page :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Mark,

The switch down by the height lever only changes the thresholds at which the system changes from soft to hard. Pressing it appears to have absolutely no effect under normal driving but it does sharpen everything up when really going for it!

The easiest way to force hard mode is to pull fuse F8 (20A yellow, middle left bank) from the engine bay fuse box. Do it with the ignition off. This cuts power to the hydractive ECU.

I like your comparison to biodiesel. Absolutely as when all is good on a VSX Xantia, they are fantastic. You'll love the ride once it is in fine fettle.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

Thanks for that jim, sound like when I get things sorted I'll have that button presed all the time as I do like to drive quickely.
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
Brew my own biodiesel

mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

Ok, I've just removed F8 fuse (mine was 10A not 20A ?) and now it's clicking every 8 seconds.

DickyG is going to check my syheres aswell (thanks mate) so I'll leave it alone untill then.
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
Brew my own biodiesel

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

dont take the rears back till you are sure they dobnt need replaceing though

regards malcolm
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

DickieG.
Thanks for your time thismorrning, my fillings now stay in when I'm driving
:D :D :D :D
I'm looking forward to getting the other spheres replaced now.

Oh and yes the wife did complained when I told her I needed to spend some more money :lol:

For anyone thats interested I needed to change 5 spheres (two at the rear done today by DickieG) and all the valves/electrionics are fine.

Ps. Citronut you where right not to take them back yet :wink:
Last edited by mark21td on 04 Oct 2009, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
Brew my own biodiesel

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

So, you're a dentist Richard? :D
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

myglaren wrote:So, you're a dentist Richard? :D
And a dam good one :lol:
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
Brew my own biodiesel

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

he pulled so hard on your teeth you balls fell off TEA HE

regards malcolm
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

Just replaced my other spheres, smoooooth :D :D :D
Also put hydroflush in and changed a droplink.
It's now ALOT bettor than when I picked it up.
Thanks againe to those that have helped (you know who you are).
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
Brew my own biodiesel

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Good news on getting the other sphere's done Mark :D

Whilst you've got the Hydroflush in take the opportunity to flush it through the brake pipes.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

DickieG wrote:
Whilst you've got the Hydroflush in take the opportunity to flush it through the brake pipes.

I was going to today, I had one of the front wheels off and was looking for a broom handle when it started to rain, at that point I decided to stop and put it back together.

I did find something nice, it's had new dics's and pads on the front, and something not so nice, someone has cut the brake pad warning wires.

Oh and the rear brakes aren't draging (I jacked up each corner and spun the wheels), and now it's got the flush in it I can't feal it when driving.

It's still pulling to the left slightly but I think thats the tracking.

I'll get there in the end :lol:
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
Brew my own biodiesel