Which Discs/Pads?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

blueboy2001

Which Discs/Pads?

Post by blueboy2001 »

My '93 Xantia 1.9TD needs new front discs and pads. Looking in the GSF catalogue there are either Brembo or Bendix discs, and either Bendix, Textar or Gen. Citroen Pads.
Are the dearer parts worth the extra money? Cheapest solution would be Bendix discs and pads, are these any good?
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

I fitted new discs from GSF 3K miles ago and so far, they seem fine. I've also used their pads. I'm on my third front set since new, and have the old pads in the garage. The originals are marked with the double chevrons but also with 'Bendix'. The second set are stamped 'Bendix' but also printed 'Textar'.
surfer
My Cars:

Post by surfer »

Bendix are a major OE supplier to Citroen.
I replaced my shot up brakes with ATe discs and pads, which cost the same, but seem to be to be better made.
The front pad backing plate had bendix on it too, but I think this is because there is a patent feature on the pad/piston interface held by Bendix which all suppliers making these parts have to acknowledge.
Simon.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Go for the Brembo's, better quality, they have a ground surface as opposed to a turned surface and with new pads will bed in much quicker.
Dave