Damn - missed it on ebay...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

:lol: at that Dean..

Yes, they do tend to be a be a bit on the rare side as most 406 Coupes in breakers end up there because they've been wrapped around lampposts when their drivers ran out of skill or the handling of the car found it's natural limit. Certainly the vast majority of Coupes I saw in the yard were somewhat structurally modified by aforesaid lampposts and other assorted solid objects.

Would it be right to say that the V6 Xantia/XM is likely to handle better and more safely than the 406 Coupe or is that fighting talk in some quarters?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Im not sure on handling because ive never had a go in a Coupe but i did have a little race with a 2.0 one and my 2.0 xm, he was all over me one the straight but when it got twisty the coupe gradualy became a speck, could be the driver was a wimp, could be im insane or it could be the cars, really YOU need a go in both,

oh and a NSR door for a coupe Rdwafers??? you nearly had me :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote: oh and a NSR door for a coupe Rdwafers??? you nearly had me :lol:
You did have me Kev, totally :lol: :lol: :lol:

Time for bed methinks. It's been a busy day...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

It was the bit about any colour because the guy is a panel repairer or something that made it look plausable, mind you ive been teasing the last two boys at work with sky hooks and the like, turns out whilst watching a demo vid about pc based oscilloscopes held by a mechanic i found that not only are sky hooks real but the guy uses them :shock:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............