Santa Pod mini meet

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I can probably make the Saturday afternoon and should be able to make the Sunday too, hopefully Haynes still have the Mini exhibiton as I didn't have chance to have a proper look around that last time around.
So are we saying somewhere around Sparkford for the Saturday? Makes no difference where we meet to me. I'll send you both my mobile number :D

What do you say to 3-5ish Colin?
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Kev, John, that'll be good. Send me your number Kev and I'll send mine. John already has mine and me his..

I'll be down there between about 11 Am until as late as... Will be good.

I'll mark Santa Pod for the 18th in my diary Sid...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

ok me offline now

should be langport around 330..

if anyone wants to opo to haynes tomorrow or meet for a cider later, give jim or Red dwafers a pm

lets get this v6 started..

:lol:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Anyone nearabouts and wishing to join us, see us at around 4PM this afternoon at the Rose and Crown, Huish Episcopi. TA10 9QT :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It was a good mini-meet at Eli's. Warm sunshine, excellent little pub, very friendly locals and a great natter with John and Kev :D

John left to attend a dinner appointment and I took Kev for a spin in my V6. I think Kev is now irretrievably corrupted after experiencing the V6 in sport mode :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We got back to Eli's and after a further natter I set off for home. I stated only to find the V6 running roughly on 4 cylinder (it seemed) and the K light shining brightly. Kev followed me slowly to Dad's whereupon we had a look but found nothing obvious. After an hour, my V6 fired up perfectly and I set off for home only to have the K light come on about 10 miles into the journey. I then called the rescue and awaited a flatbed. One took me as far as the M3 and another took over there to take me the rest of the way home. I got home at 03:30 after a most excellent service from Britannia Rescue. It was worth it for the long chats with the two recovery drivers.

Basically, the car ran fine cold and died when hot. A quick Lexia session showed one of the ignition coils is breaking down. A new coil will be on order tomorrow.

Back at Dad's we noticed Kev's car was dropping oil and leaving a puddle.

Good fun! I knew I should have taken the Activa down to Somerset this weekend...

How was the 406 Coupe meet at BoL land John and Kev?
Jim

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

It was a very enjoyable meet on Saturday :D
The V6 though...combined with the Hydractive suspension its a whole different experience to my diesel. I wonder what this setup is like in an XM...
After hearing about V6 auto boxes and their apparent faults I was put off a little but after experiencing one, I think its a case of 'who cares if it needs rebuilding or complex oil changing?' Suits it very well :D And I WANT ONE at some point :P

Unfortunatly I couldn't make the Haynes meet on Sunday as I had a awful time getting to sleep Saturday night, only getting a couple hours max :evil: :evil: I've been feeling very groggy all day.

Im rather worried about this apparent gearbox oil leakage and hope the level hasn't dropped too much. Jim reckoned it could be coming from the VSS and some engine oil leakage from the camshaft vacuum pump. Im going to replace the seals in the vacuum pump anyway and give everything a good clean while I'm there to see if I can pinpoint the leakage for definate.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Apologies for not making either days. I have sold both my Omegas this week and am now carless.

Not sure what to buy, though looking at 406 Coupes, Xantias and XMs among others :wink:
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

congrats, how about xm v6 like in ronin, that movie makes me want one :lol:
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
MG TF 135
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R

Post by jgra1 »

hi All

Jim what bad luck :(
I have a spare coil pack here....

Kev good to meet you :D sorry I had to dash off for the birthday meal.. I expected the journey down to be 2 hours or so, which it was on the way back! not 4 1/2 hours :(

Haynes is well worth a look! lots of very interesting cars, including a very nice ? SM coupe ?

29 nice 406 coupes attended, including one which has had it's climate controls and stereo removed..
instead, sits a motherboard and a solid state 64GB hard drive.. running a large touch screen..
all onboard diagnostics feed into it as does sat nav, music and climate and lots more.
very cool :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Sounds like the Coupe meet was good John :D

It's been a few years since I've been around the museum now. Good to hear they have an SM there. Last time I was disappointed they did not have a 205GTi there..

I've ordered a new ignition coil from this Company. Less than half the price of one from a Stealer. They wanted £237 + VAT for one :evil: :evil:

Should be with me tomorrow :)
Jim

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Does anyone know if a group ticket buy is available? At some events, a club can pre-pay for a group (min required) and you get a reserved tarmac pitch!

Unless I come into a shed load of money or I can tow a xantia with a meagre 1.4 Ashtray, I won't be attending :cry:
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
MG TF 135
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R

Post by jgra1 »

Sounds like the Coupe meet was good John

:D

http://www.peugeot406coupe.com/phpBB2/v ... 058#277058

has some pics, not sure if you need to be registered..