C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Trainman
Donor 2018

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by Trainman »

Well, she must be missing me......... :roll: she decide to tell me that she needs new front pads. I knew she did, I was told about it at the MOT, so I'll order them tomorrow and get them fitted at the weekend. :roll:

It'll be a nice change to work on the C6 instead of the Xantia and the good thing is that it's such a simple job, even I can do it without help. 8-[

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It's funny how they have their little ways of telling you things isn’t it Steve :-D

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

You're not wrong Jim :roll: still as I said it's an easy job, you don't even need a wind back tool, the piston just push back...... simple's. :rofl2:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

I suspect the rear C6 pads are rather more of a pain to do?

I used to struggle doing C5 front pads, they seemed near impossible, until I got a windback tool :lol:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote:I suspect the rear C6 pads are rather more of a pain to do?

I used to struggle doing C5 front pads, they seemed near impossible, until I got a windback tool :lol:
I haven't that particular privilege yet, so I'm saying nothing [-o<

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

I notice it's been some time since I did any kind of update on here.

The C6 has seen more service over christmas and has developed an annoying little trait, apparently I have a puncture on the NSF, no worries, off I trot to the tyre shop, who quickley tell me that there's no puncture, it's a leaky valve. :-D

and this is where the fun begins, "we'll just tighten it up" being the kind of chap I am I feel it's prudent to mention at this point that the car is fitted with sensors "Ah!" says young boyo "I'll get the boss" and off he goes...

Boss comes out "Right then, let's have a shufftie" :-k "He's right the valve is leaking, I'll just give it a quick nip up" out comes the socket set, nut duly tightened, water placed on valve, and YES, it's worse than before. :-k Boss man "How very strange" (or words to that effect) "'I'll loosen it back off" this is duly done and the leak stops..........

fast forward 20 minutes and wheel is now refitted and the warning has gone. Drive up the road, :-D all is well again. Pull into my drive and yes the the warning comes on again.

I'm now thinking along the lines of a faulty sensor............ Thankfully I managed to acquire a couple towards the end of last year for a fraction of the normal cost.

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Well, I noticed a rainbow under the front offside wheel today after it had been raining, I suspect the jubilee clip has gone, it's a simple fix and one I had to do on the last C6,

So guess what I'm going to be doing on Friday, actually it will be a change to work on the C6 considering the time I've spent on the XantiaV recently.

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

It's the C6's way of saying it's jealous of the Xantia Steve :wink: . Which steed will be at Wetherby this year ?

Mark

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

I'm not sure to be honest Mark...... I'm leaning towards the C6 because of the boot space, given the Xantia has lost half of the boot space because of the LPG tank. I need the space for the camping gear.

Having said all that, the LPG makes the Xantia more economical, so it six of one and half a dozen of the other......

KP

Post by KP »

Back seats Steve?

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Yeah Will, that's the bonus of both...... there again, I might just decide on the day, I'm there for the weekend, so I could potentially take on for a couple of days and then swap it with the other...... I can picture SWmBO's face now......

KP

Post by KP »

Get a tow hitch Fitted to the c6 and trailer the xantia over as well and you could fill it up even more :)

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

KP wrote:Get a tow hitch Fitted to the c6 and trailer the xantia over as well and you could fill it up even more :)
make sentence using words "OFF" and................... tell you what you pick one................... :rofl2:

KP

Post by KP »

Hitch off :p

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

I had the joy of exercising the C6 on Good Friday, SWMBO nephew was taking his girlfriend away for the weekend and asked if I would chauffeur them up to Carnforth, Perfect excuse to give the much under used C6 a run out, to be fair, she did exactly what she was supposed to do, coping admirable with the volume of traffic and caravans heading for the Lake District and Blackpool......... *shudders*

My plan was to take them and then swap cars back at home, but I decided to run her through to work, it was such a pleasure to drive her again.