C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Trainman
Donor 2018

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by Trainman »

The pictures aren't to clear but, it does look like it can be 'polished' off

KP

Post by KP »

I have mine plugged in and the parking mode is great :)

It has a 32gig micro sd card and just needs taking out every 1-2weeks for a quick format and it carries on going :)

£130 all in, Just need to plug it into a permanent live, and then it doesnt take much power either :)

KP

Post by KP »

Fingers crossed some polishing time tomorrow should see it right :)

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

I would be fuming too if I got that. Why do ppl treat supermarket car-parks like the bl00dy dodgems? And the spaces in them up here are so small I struggle to get the C4 into them sometimes, yet alone a C6. Would it really lose them customers if the spaces were slightly bigger. I take my old pug van to them now. It has so many bumps and bruises on it another one or 10 wouldn't make so much difference! Hope the t-cut does its job well.

KP

Post by KP »

I used to take the FF to them but park in a far corner diagonally over two spaces for that reason.
Then when i started offroading it i just left the mud on it to protect the paintwork. Hardly anyone ever parked near it then an the tow ball at the rear often had a small mark on it but i can laugh that off as i know it can take more than 3.5tonnes of grunt on it lol

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

KP, I was always gonna ask you, have you got any spare room in that skanks bin???????????

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

KP wrote:Fingers crossed some polishing time tomorrow should see it right :)
I can't see that happening until next weekend unless I get a bit of time during the week, will have to wait and see......

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

That does look like an odd scrape, as if someone went across the front of it :twisted: Annoying when it happens but it does so very often.

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote:That does look like an odd scrape, as if someone went across the front of it :twisted: Annoying when it happens but it does so very often.
Chris, I know if you look at the near side there is a couple of flecks of red paint, and yes, it does look strange damage, I'm wondering if was maybe a 4 X 4 or something like that, but there again the red is on the lower part of the bumper.... :cry:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

KP wrote:I have mine plugged in and the parking mode is great :)

It has a 32gig micro sd card and just needs taking out every 1-2weeks for a quick format and it carries on going :)

£130 all in, Just need to plug it into a permanent live, and then it doesnt take much power either :)
:idea: Birthday day next month, so now I know what SWMBO can get me ........ thanks Will
daviemck2006 wrote:I would be fuming too if I got that. Why do ppl treat supermarket car-parks like the bl00dy dodgems? And the spaces in them up here are so small I struggle to get the C4 into them sometimes, yet alone a C6. Would it really lose them customers if the spaces were slightly bigger. I take my old pug van to them now. It has so many bumps and bruises on it another one or 10 wouldn't make so much difference! Hope the t-cut does its job well.
Davie, I know, it's one of the joy's of owning a big car, dint's, scrape's and bashes. My brother used to have a car alarm years ago that warned people to "step away" or "you're to close" something like that, maybe i could look at something like that.
Citroenmad wrote:That does look like an odd scrape, as if someone went across the front of it :twisted: Annoying when it happens but it does so very often.
Chris, I've had a good look this morning and from what I 'think' has happened is this, there is paint on the near side of the bumper, so i'm presuming that who the 'numpty' was, was trying to reverse into a space opposite to me, the trouble was I didn't see it because it's a multi-storey car park.

The guy who did the respray of the front bumper has been in touch and offered to 'flat it back and re-polish it' so I'm not going to touch it until I see Oz later in the week.

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

At the last computer fair I went to, one of the vendors had a 64GB Kingston card going for £47. That gives you a whole lot more recording time, but the downside would be trawling through it all to find the bit you need.

If I could afford to get one, I think I might want one of these;

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/2 ... 600x0w.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then I would look for the toe-rag who scratched my car, and do something (slightly) similar to his car!

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

If they do it with Hydro active suspension I'm off to the garage tomorrow

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

They still have computer fairs?

Haven't seen on in ten years.

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well, they do down here;

http://www.gadgetfairs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I doubt the Marauder does have hydro pneumatic suspension, but it looks so big and heavy that you won't feel any bumps in the road as it will flatten them out!

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

The Marauder may have hydro-pneumatic suspension. Many JCB and other earthmovers and articulated dump trucks have it.
There is a Russian battle tank that is fitted with it too!

Rarely have the need to go to a computer shop or fair and they did become rather dire the last few times I was there.
Buy most of my bits from Overclockers UK or Ebuyer these days.