C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Deanxm

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by Deanxm »

:lol: I bet it was Steve, it would have my arse going like a rabbits nose too.

D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thank goodness all turned out OK Steve, bar what the washing machine had to do...
Deanxm wrote::lol: I bet it was Steve, it would have my arse going like a rabbits nose too.
Very descriptive Dean :lol: :lol:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Had a little chuckle to myself today on the way into work, I'm sat at the lights and they are changing for me, when this Another Utter D**khead Inside, comes screaming through the light from the right. Unfortunately for him, the vehicle behind me was a police motorcycle, who promptly left me standing............... Mr Plod didn't look a happy bear when I passed them both a short while later :argue:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Well, there really isn't much to report at the moment, except to say that the old girl has cost me a fortune this week, Car Insurance, MOT and a cracked window screen :roll: Thankfull y the excess on the windscreen was only £75 :shock: God alone knows the cost of the replacement screen, the good thing though is that it's been replaced with a genuine Citroen one, Hardly surprising really..... I suppose, Had to wait a week for it though.

On the MOT front, she flew through :-D :-D :-D :-D one thing to note was a small amount of oil coming from behind the engine protector panel below the engine, the mechanic and I will be having a look at that next Sunday to find out where the oil is coming from, at the same time "Mike the Mechanic" (SWMBO nephew) will give her a service. =D>

I'll be at ICCCR next week from Thursday to Sunday, from the current figures there will be 23 C6's there, That will be one hell of a photoshoot :-D see you next week for a :beer:

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

Good to hear she passed!

11 days to go...I'm in Yorkshire from Tuesday to get acclimatised :lol:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

I can imagine a new windscreen costing something like £800-£1000, insurance has its uses :lol:

Ill see you there Steve, 23 C5s, I wonder if there will be an opportunity for model specific parking? :lol:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

red_dwarfers wrote:Good to hear she passed!

11 days to go...I'm in Yorkshire from Tuesday to get acclimatised :lol:
Will you need two days to get that far North Kev?

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote:I can imagine a new windscreen costing something like £800-£1000, insurance has its uses :lol:

Ill see you there Steve, 23 C5s, I wonder if there will be an opportunity for model specific parking? :lol:
Chris, you not wrong about the insurance, I'm beginning to think that ICCCR is going to be a practice run for CXM, particularly. If a certain member of the Irish contingent appears with various varieties of pickled eggs :) :) :)

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

Could probably do it in one but it will be a good excuse to see some friends in Stafford.

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Well oil leak sorted, turns out the sump plug hadnt been secured correctly #-o 'Mike the Mechanic' tells me that the plug was
Feckin' finger tight
. The car takes 5 1/2 Ltrs and about 2 1/2 came out :mecker:

This morning, well actually today I've spent most of the day sorting the exterior of the car out, washed Autoglym Polish for dark cars. She really has come up a treat, tomorrow the plan is to do the inside and a layer of High Gloss on the outside.
8-)

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Whilst down at CXM last weekend, I had a bit of time to pay around with the camera SWMBO bought me last Christmas and I thought I'd share a couple of the pictures with you.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Very lovely pictures Steve :-D I reckon you've been taking lessons from James Walshe :-D

DHallworth
Donor 2016

Post by DHallworth »

Pictures look lovely, Steve. The car really suits that colour of blue!

I'm missing mine again now that I'm minus an XM again. My Series 2 XM is MOT'd and insured but I've just not bothered to tax it this year as the weathers not been fit to bring it out of the garage!

I bid on a C6 on eBay last night (don't tell Cheryl!) so be interesting to see how that pans out!

David.

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Ay up!

Those tail lights make her look like she's got little fins!

Very nice indeed.

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Very inventive photography Steve, though I am suprised you didn't catch one of your blue calipers :P The CCC is turning into quite the boy-racer scene :lol: