C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Trainman
Donor 2018

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by Trainman »

Been a busy lad (cough) this morning, I plugged the Lexia to try and sort out the RT$ Navidrive, the BSI wasn't configured, managed to get that sorted after a bit of faffing on my part :roll: Thanks to "The Birdman" for providing me with the code I needed. I still have an issue with a lack of power supply to the steering wheel angle sensor, but judging by post's on http://www.C6Owners.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; this related to the brake switch...........That's a Citroen for you :roll: :roll: :roll:

I wanted to do a load more but the rain started again, so that put pay to that :!:

Been talking to "Vince" tonight about his new motor, and arranging to collect it, haven't been to Anglesey for Donkey's Year's so looking forward to that.

SWMBO :dom: is at work in the morning, so time to start writing the column for August before HRH THE EDITOR shout's at me, anyway 3 weeks to Beaulieu...................... that's going to be a busy weekend, Friday in welsh Wales and the Saturday, Sunday and Monday in Hampshire...............

robert_e_smart

Post by robert_e_smart »

so time to start writing the column for August before HRH THE EDITOR shout's at me,
Snap!

I have started to write mine this evening.

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Its Ampshire actualy Steve but i will let you off, been thinking about going to Beaulieu as it on my doorstep but im so busy at the moment i will save myself for CXM.
C6 sounds like its going well apart from the odd niggle.

D

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

That will be a busy weekend Steve, I bet you wish you have a big comfy cruiser to do all those miles in ... 8-)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

robert_e_smart wrote:
so time to start writing the column for August before HRH THE EDITOR shout's at me,
Snap!

I have started to write mine this evening.
I shall be doing likewise later today....

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote:That will be a busy weekend Steve, I bet you wish you have a big comfy cruiser to do all those miles in ... 8-)
No, not at all Chris, I think I'll stick with...... now what was it ??????
CitroJim wrote: a little puddle-jumper
I'll battle on................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Trainman wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:That will be a busy weekend Steve, I bet you wish you have a big comfy cruiser to do all those miles in ... 8-)
No, not at all Chris, I think I'll stick with...... now what was it ??????
CitroJim wrote: a little puddle-jumper
I'll battle on................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
An excellent expression Jim! :lol:

Well, if you fancy some luxury, I guess there is always your Polo :roll:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote: Well, if you fancy some luxury, I guess there is always your Polo :roll:
Actually, Chris I could take the newly aquired soft top, it's exceptionally good on fuel, and there's no chance of me getting a speed ticket...........

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

I'm sure I've written this once before :shock:

Here's the new softtop:

Tickets have arrived for Beaulieu, for a fortnights time, setting off mid morning on the Saturday for a leisurely drive down, guessimate time of around 5 hours, The Friday before, Vince and I are off to collect his 'new motor' (seem to recall a song about that).

Other than that, a busy week ahead, I'm off to Lancaster this afternoon to play with a few trains if we have any given the flooding, This is the line north of Carlisle Image

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Trainman wrote:I'm sure I've written this once before :shock:
Your right and I replied, the forum seems to be having a senior moment! :lol:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote:
Don't laugh so much young man, it will be you one day!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Trainman wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:
Don't laugh so much young man, it will be you one day!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D
Its already started :lol:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

The "Citroenian" is out, comments please, good or bad............ I'm trying to get a feel for whatyou want.

Well I'm off to Beaulieu on Friday, and Vince has very kindly deferred picking up his XM so I can valet the car on Friday :lol: :lol: before I go, I'm planning on leaving around 12ish which should see me there for about 5ish give or take. Once down there I'm setting up the tent and then meeting up with a mate of mine who has a Peugeot 607.

I'm planning to stop a couple of times on the way down, so if anyone wants to convoy down from the north or midlands let me know, I haven't looked at the route yet but I'm guessing M6, M1, M25 and then whatever.... :?:

I'm taking the Lexia, just in case anyone needs one, and I will be doing the RT4 firmware update on the way down.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote:The "Citroenian" is out, comments please, good or bad............
An excellent first column Steve =D> I know how difficult it is to write that very first one and now you're past that hurdle it gets easier. I enjoy your easygoing style and having something a little technical in it...

Not sure about your mugshot though... Barely recognised you!!! Get Chris to take a better one when you and he meet up at a rally... That's what he did with me...

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote:Not sure about your mugshot though... Barely recognised you!!! Get Chris to take a better one when you and he meet up at a rally... That's what he did with me...
Camera probably broken then.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Jim, good advise that, I'll have a chat with him.