C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Northern_Mike

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by Northern_Mike »

Citroenmad wrote: So the cheapest way to run a car though depreciation is not to trade it in or sell it, but to write it off :lol: That might catch on if word gets out!
My experience of such things is only one incident, something like this :

Monday Wednesday 9th November 2008. Buy Mazda MX-5. Pay £1400. Insure with Adrian Flux, agreed value £2300 (with pics sent, so they saw it!)
Sunday 9th November 2008 - Write aforementioned MX-5 off due to stupidity/unfamiliarity with wooden Pirelli tyres
Early December 2008 - receive Cheque for £2100 (Value of Mazda minus excess)

Not a bad return on 5 days ownership, even if I did have whiplash and a back injury...

Trainman
Donor 2018
Posts: 2585
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 12

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by Trainman »

robert_e_smart wrote:
jasonegrace wrote:Just read all 26 pages of this post and really enjoyed it. I really want a C6 now more than ever. In Ireland there is currently only 2 for sale here, a 2010 2.2Hdi Exclusive for €40,000 and a 2007 2.7 Hdi Exclusive for €16,000. My biggest problem with them is the engine is not so environmentally friendly here wit our new road tax system. The 2.7 HDi is €2,258 per year and the 2.2 Hdi is €1,129 per year to tax. I think it may be a trip to England next year for a C5 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto !!
Don't do that!

Come up here and buy a Xm instead!!! :wink: :wink: :-D
Don't do that!!! Come here and by a C6 instead !!! :-D :-D :-D

Jason, Thanks for the comments, Yes It is a lovely piece of kit, As Robert knows FULL WELL [-X shame on him..... :oops: :oops: I have to say that you have just cheered me up, Tax in the UK is £445 a year and I thought that was bad enough.

robert_e_smart
Posts: 1031
Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 10:51
x 1

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by robert_e_smart »

Trainman wrote:
Jason, Thanks for the comments, Yes It is a lovely piece of kit, As Robert knows FULL WELL [-X shame on him..... :oops: :oops: I have to say that you have just cheered me up, Tax in the UK is £445 a year and I thought that was bad enough.
The C6 is magic, no doubt about it. And Mauritius Blue as well, my favourite big Citroen colour.

Image

Image

ROI road tax and import tax is a joke as well. I'm glad I don't live 20 miles further south from here! :-D :-D :-D

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 44009
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1779

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by CitroJim »

Nice weather you're having there Robert :lol:

What's that by the XM door in the second picture? Is it a pile of rust from the sills?

jasonegrace
Posts: 5
Joined: 10 Dec 2011, 23:04

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by jasonegrace »

May well do that. Have one but it needs work to put back on the road. Suspensions is rock hard all round. Hopefully only Spheres ?? Drivers window stopped working recently as well. Other than that just tyres and a service. Would love to have her on the road. Ideally would love an automatic, diesel, with leather !! Is there many for sale at the moment in the north ??

jasonegrace
Posts: 5
Joined: 10 Dec 2011, 23:04

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by jasonegrace »

robert_e_smart wrote:
Trainman wrote:
Jason, Thanks for the comments, Yes It is a lovely piece of kit, As Robert knows FULL WELL [-X shame on him..... :oops: :oops: I have to say that you have just cheered me up, Tax in the UK is £445 a year and I thought that was bad enough.
The C6 is magic, no doubt about it. And Mauritius Blue as well, my favourite big Citroën colour.

Image

Image

ROI road tax and import tax is a joke as well. I'm glad I don't live 20 miles further south from here! :-D :-D :-D

WOW, what a collection !! Pure heaven !! My current car is my only non-Citroen. Had 7 Xantias then in 2004 I went to England and bought a 2003 C5 Exclusive SE HDi in Navy with Cream Leather, I still cry over getting rid of that car. If only I still had it. Definitley back to Citroen next time again

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by Citroenmad »

jasonegrace wrote:Just read all 26 pages of this post and really enjoyed it. I really want a C6 now more than ever. In Ireland there is currently only 2 for sale here, a 2010 2.2Hdi Exclusive for €40,000 and a 2007 2.7 Hdi Exclusive for €16,000. My biggest problem with them is the engine is not so environmentally friendly here wit our new road tax system. The 2.7 HDi is €2,258 per year and the 2.2 Hdi is €1,129 per year to tax. I think it may be a trip to England next year for a C5 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto !!
:shock: That is crazy, I bet 2.7s are being given away over there :lol:

What is the 2.0 HDi C5 like for road tax over there?

robert_e_smart
Posts: 1031
Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 10:51
x 1

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by robert_e_smart »

None to give away Chris!

Hi Jim,

If you look in the picture (from last winter) you will spot a Scraptiva in the back ground. That is sawdust beside the XM to mop up LHM from a leaking Scraptiva!!

Jason,

That is only a tiny small part of my current Xm collection pictured! The more the merrier. Automatic diesels are my favourite as well.

Trainman
Donor 2018
Posts: 2585
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 12

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by Trainman »

CitroJim wrote: What's that by the XM door in the second picture? Is it a pile of rust from the sills?

Ah :shock: I thought it might have been 'fall out' from the pickled eggs :lol: :lol: :lol:

jasonegrace
Posts: 5
Joined: 10 Dec 2011, 23:04

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by jasonegrace »

Citroenmad wrote:
What is the 2.0 HDi C5 like for road tax over there?
The C5 2.0 HDi Manual €481, Auto €677
1.6 HDi Manual €330
2.7 HDi Auto €1129

Trainman
Donor 2018
Posts: 2585
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 12

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by Trainman »

jasonegrace wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:
What is the 2.0 HDi C5 like for road tax over there?
The C5 2.0 HDi Manual €481, Auto €677
1.6 HDi Manual €330
2.7 HDi Auto €1129
:eek1: That really is scary

Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by Citroenmad »

jasonegrace wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:
What is the 2.0 HDi C5 like for road tax over there?
The C5 2.0 HDi Manual €481, Auto €677
1.6 HDi Manual €330
2.7 HDi Auto €1129
Wow, my 2.0HDi 138 C5 costs £165 a year to tax.

Out of interest, what are cars like the C1 to tax? Its £20 a year here.

Do you get any cars in a free tax bracket? I guess not :lol:

jasonegrace
Posts: 5
Joined: 10 Dec 2011, 23:04

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by jasonegrace »

Citroenmad wrote:
Wow, my 2.0HDi 138 C5 costs £165 a year to tax.

Out of interest, what are cars like the C1 to tax? Its £20 a year here.

Do you get any cars in a free tax bracket? I guess not :lol:
C1 1.0 Petrol is €160. Tax free bracket ?? U must be jokin. Emergency vehicles and handicapped vehicles are all that are exempt.

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 44009
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1779

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by CitroJim »

Trainman wrote:
CitroJim wrote: What's that by the XM door in the second picture? Is it a pile of rust from the sills?

Ah :shock: I thought it might have been 'fall out' from the pickled eggs :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh, so it was Scraptiva who disgraced herself there then Robert :( She was just seeking some affection....

User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4896
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 10:15
x 15

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:Ahh, so it was Scraptiva who disgraced herself there then Robert :( She was just seeking some affection....
Good lord how unusual for an Activa to do that :lol: