C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

red_dwarfers
Donor 2020

Post by red_dwarfers »

You must have a permanent smile on your face with those, nothing like a quick peer out of an upstairs window to see a couple of envious neighbours/dog walkers chatting and pointing briefly in the direction of the driveway :lol:

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Copart have been this morning to collect the car, It was really sad to see her loaded onto the back of a truck like that :? The indignity of it all........

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

A very sad sight that :cry:

Mark

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

That is a sad sight :( It looks virtually untouched in those pictures too. I bet someone will buy it and fix it up, hopefully.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Yep, very sad indeed. Ignominious even for such a dignified lady to be carted off like that and having to face a bloody old Poxhall too... :cry:
Citroenmad wrote:I bet someone will buy it and fix it up, hopefully.

I'm sure she'll get all the TLC she deserves and will return to the road her old self in due course; it would be a travesty if she didn't..

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

If somebody does have a 'dabble' I still have the all the books, along with the service history since I've had it, the sim card holder, Latest satnav disc, CD changer cassette and they forgot to take the key card as well :roll:

By the way Copart can be found at www.copart.co.uk

Trainman
Donor 2018

Re: C6 - The adventure continues.......

Post by Trainman »

Time to introduce the new 'lady' in my life, and just like most females she has already cost me money, when I bought her I knew she needed to have a tyre sensor coded, this turned out to be tyre sensor replaced.......£119 all in. I managed to get new rear mud flaps from Flebay for £20, I then went to my local dealer and ordered the front one's and a boot mat. The boot mat Citroen no longer stock, but they do have a boot tray, so that was duly ordered. Total (with C6 owners discount) £102.00 My local dealer Rygbyes of Eccleston, doing a sterling service as always.

anyway a few pics:

Citroenmad

Re: C6 - The begining of an adventure

Post by Citroenmad »

A great looking C6 again Steve, suits the colour. No interior pics?

The mudflaps suit the C6 well but very few seem to have them. I noticed the rears had gone from your other one, I thought you swiped them for this one.

I saw a red C6 on Friday, my favourite C6 colour, something else I rarely see. I probably see 2 or 3 C6s a month.

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

I did 'borrow' the old ones :wink: but decided to buy new to match the fronts, interior pics to follows, soon as I get the chance..... :roll:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Trainman wrote:I did 'borrow' the old ones :wink: but decided to buy new to match the fronts, interior pics to follows, soon as I get the chance..... :roll:
Front ones are a little small mind, bearly noticeable!

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote:Front ones are a little small mind, bearly noticeable!
Chris,

I prefer 'subtle' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Trainman wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Front ones are a little small mind, bearly noticeable!
Chris,

I prefer 'subtle' :lol: :lol: :lol:
That sounds better :lol: Not unlike the front ones on C5s actually.

Have you picked up on any differences between your early C6 and your current one? Apart from the slight increase in road tax ...

bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Very nice

Mark

Trainman
Donor 2018

Post by Trainman »

Citroenmad wrote:Have you picked up on any differences between your early C6 and your current one? Apart from the slight increase in road tax ...
There are a few, Obviously the satnav is updated, although it does need new firmware and maps, as it's still using the original ones from 2007 (a job for over the winter) other things are that this one has anti-dazzle door mirrors, which can be a bit disconcerting at first, the mood lighting in the doors is brighter, though this probably down to the colour of the interior :roll: but it some strange kind of way it works :) the only other thing (so far) is that it feels lighter to drive, but at the same time, more 'planted' on the road.

I want to try and change the daytime running lights and sidelights to LED's, which I'm antcipating being lots of fun :^o #-o then once winter is over I'm planning a trip to Sir Vince of 'Diamond Shine' :wink: 8-) 8-) to give her the benefit of his magic touch ready for the rally season next year. =D> =D> =D>

Trainman
Donor 2018

Re: C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Post by Trainman »

Pictures of the interior as per Chris's request:

Here is one of the boot tray:

and one with it fitted:

and then a couple more of the car:

Last edited by Trainman on 30 Oct 2011, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.