Lumpy, not pulling.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I am rather vague on that but yes, they are removed from the car and put into a dedicated test machine (I have been informed that the machine costs >£50,000) which runs a series of tests on each injector and produces a report on the performance.
As for the rebuild, haven't a clue.

The guy in Blythe comes very highly recommended and has lots of customers all over the counties (Northumberland/Tyne & Wear/Co. Durham/Cumbria). Mainly Taxis and haulage contractors.
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Re injector testing:

Friend of mine had intermittent difficult starting on his 60,ooo miler Freelander with BMW engine which is now in the hands of local garage, who claim to know a bit about diesels. Interestingly, they've tested the injectors in-situ, measuring the "leak off", finding 1 injector failed, and 2 within the 5% tolerance (1 reconditioned injector = £180!). We think that they're having to run the engine to do the test.

The garage says that there's always a risk of damaging the head whilst removing an injector, presumably as most cars now have ally heads, so I guess an in-engine test is a good starting point, though I would expect much better testing to be possible once injector removed

Martin
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

superloopy1 wrote:
myglaren wrote: The guy in Blythe comes very highly recommended and has lots of customers all over the counties (Northumberland/Tyne & Wear/Co. Durham/Cumbria). Mainly Taxis and haulage contractors.
Steve

Out of interest, who did your injectors?
The abovementioned guy in Blyth - do you want contact details?