Xantia diesel Temptation

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

Personally, I would always avoid 'Special Editions' on the grounds that spares (even mechanical parts) identification and fault finding can be a nightmare. The small numbers (and variations) involved will mean that they probably weren't properly covered by the manufacturers documentation originally, so what chance is there of after-market catalogues getting it right? As for trying to relate a wiring diagram to a 'special' (shop-floor modified) loom....

We have had in the family late examples of Golf Mk1 and Astra Mk1 GT - both had elements of the Mk2 in their build. It was impossible to buy a new exhaust for the Golf with its Mk1 exhaust manifold and a Mk2 (exhaust-heated) inlet manifold.

When a marketing department gives special editions names like 'Desire', 'Temptation' or 'Exclusive' it's a clear warning to the cynical!
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

My 1998 'R' reg Temptation (II) Estate has Black bumpers and door protectors but colour coded mirror backs.

Richard
1998 Xantia 1.9TD Estate (Sold - replaced with Skoda Octavia (sorry))